Dna75 Therion one cell doesn't discharge

I have a Therion DNA75 and sporadically I get low battery with in a short times use. When this happens one battery will be fully charged or close like 4.18v and the other cell will be drained to around 3.4v. The mod will not power on with a single cell in it so I'm very confused as to what's going on. Anyone have an idea what the issue maybe?

1. Poor installation of the batteries.
2. Poor connection of the batteries.
3. Poor wiring of the battery sled.
4  Defective battery posts on the battery sled.
5. Dirty contacts of the battery +/_.
6. Dirty contacts on the battery sled +/_.

Were the batteries a "married" set.  Always used as a pair thus charged and discharged as a set?

Therion have a mechanical reverse battery protection. May be that the reason. Take a look in the positive poles and you will see some plastic around them to prevent a negative pole making contact. Maybe that plastic is protruding too much in one of them.
I am tempted to cut that off, as it damages the wrapping on the batteries.

I'm not trying to knock your device and this has nothing to do with your question but I just want to say I'm glad that I tried one of these devices out in person because it looks beautiful and so solid in the pictures and then when you feel it in your hand the buttons are mushy they don't line up well stick a little bit in some instances. Compared to the hcigar vt75 it feels so much less solid and that's not saying much considering its cigar doesn't put out the best devices in the world. All I know is that I put that money towards something else. The DNA 75 was not designed for two batteries otherwise it would have reverse polarity protection built-in. And when I saw the size of it it just made me wonder why would I have a device that size but I can get a hundred thirty-three or 200 Watts out of it.. It's a really good looking device in the pictures when you feel in person he really has a cheap plastic feel. I'm not surprised that DNA chip is not charging / discharging your cells evenly. And one brain fart you insert your batteries backwards and boom your device is dead. Good luck with everything I'm only writing this for anyone considering purchasing one that it definitely does not feel as good as it looks. You're great at taking fancy pictures

• 2 weeks later...

The Therion is a wonderful device but I don't like the battery tray; these mechanical reverse battery protection is a pain (same thing goes for wismec's Reuleaux DNA200). Some batteries do not seem to make good contact (I had problems with a re-wrapped battery; the shrink tube that I have seems to be a tiny fraction thicker than the original one) and since the cells are in parallel there is no way to tell.

Swainesmatee said:

I'm not trying to knock your device and this has nothing to do with your question but I just want to say I'm glad that I tried one of these devices out in person because it looks beautiful and so solid in the pictures and then when you feel it in your hand the buttons are mushy they don't line up well stick a little bit in some instances. Compared to the hcigar vt75 it feels so much less solid and that's not saying much considering its cigar doesn't put out the best devices in the world. All I know is that I put that money towards something else. The DNA 75 was not designed for two batteries otherwise it would have reverse polarity protection built-in. And when I saw the size of it it just made me wonder why would I have a device that size but I can get a hundred thirty-three or 200 Watts out of it.. It's a really good looking device in the pictures when you feel in person he really has a cheap plastic feel. I'm not surprised that DNA chip is not charging / discharging your cells evenly. And one brain fart you insert your batteries backwards and boom your device is dead. Good luck with everything I'm only writing this for anyone considering purchasing one that it definitely does not feel as good as it looks. You're great at taking fancy pictures

Sorry, but i disagree with your points. I own one therion, and the device is solid, not seeming "cheap" in any way. The only complain i have from it is the reverse battery protection that is not good, but i will correct it soon.
In regard to size, with 2 18650 i suppose its hard to do it much smaller.
Maybe you did put your hands on a clone or a not so good unit? Mine has been flawless.

BillW50 said:

Who is selling clone Therions? This I have to see.

Why not? Some company could get the chip and copy the design... But i believe that we are just talking about a less good unit. One that escaped quality control. I have two Lost Vape devices (Efusion Duo and Therion) and they look well built and solid.

• 2 months later...

I have had my therion for about 4 months and this issue of only one battery in the sled discharging started. Real bummer can't handle the builds I had on there with the amperage cut in half. I sent an email to the wholesale asking information on the warranty just been waiting for some sort of response.

• 1 month later...

Oddly enough, i'm having the same issue. I've used a multi-meter to test continuity from + to + contacts and - to- contacts. Continuity is good. So I would assume, that rules out a bad solder or loose wire. I did manage to take the MOD apart a little. The board wires are soldered to the inner most contacts and there's a small jumper the goes to the outer contacts of the battery sled.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this issue yesterday for the first time in 6 months. I'm trying now with a new set of batteries. Maybe the positive contact of batery has gone inside a little and because of the mech. protection it does not make contact. will it be possible to cut the "protection plastic?.. thanks.

yoseff said:

Therion have a mechanical reverse battery protection. May be that the reason. Take a look in the positive poles and you will see some plastic around them to prevent a negative pole making contact. Maybe that plastic is protruding too much in one of them.
I am tempted to cut that off, as it damages the wrapping on the batteries.

Hello. I'm having the same problem. Did you cut already the plastic? Is it safe to do it?
Thank you...

Pajomota said:

Hello. I'm having the same problem. Did you cut already the plastic? Is it safe to do it?
Thank you...

Didn't cut it yet. It seems that by using it, the problem has been smaller each day. :)

Also many times i charge batteries inside it, so i didn't bother to do it.

About safety... As long as you don't reverse any of the batteries, seems ok to me

Hello All;

My problem Therion DNA 75 Batterry !!!

under atomizer battery is working but other one dosent working, ina day ? will check battery level sample %20, and I will change other one screen level up %100 full 

I thing one of them is not working. 

I tried many kind of solitions but not solved this problem 

Do you have any body some idea about my problem :(

Thanks a lot for everone.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but I will share what I found on my Therion. It too was only discharging one battery. Upon investigating it (looking carefully) I found the inner upper battery contact was pushed in and not making contact with the battery. I tried to remove the sled etc, but had difficulty, so I very carefully applied a dollop of solder to the upper contact. This built it up enough that a connection was again possible. Needed to score the surface of contact first, then heat contact sufficiently for solder to Flow onto it nicely. If enough heat is not applied, you will get a chunk of solder that will chip off very easily. Hope that helps someone.

In the end I sent mine in for service to the lost vapes repair center in Ohio. It was barely within the 6 month warrenty and was fixed for free just paid to have it sent out. On a side note repairs outside of warrenty are $35 so I was prepared to pay that cause I'm pretty sure by the time it got there 6 months had passed. It came back in a little over a month working great. From what I hear its one guy doing all the repairs so be patient and feel free to email him for an update past 30 days. Lostvapesrepaircenter.com

I have the same problem.....when you put 2 batteries it only use one slot (I think the inner slot)...but I can use it by putting 1 battery on either on of the slot...example I put 1 batt on slot one it will fire... I put it on slot two it will also fire.... but put them both.. only the inner slot will be used.... 

popoyj said:

I have the same problem.....when you put 2 batteries it only use one slot (I think the inner slot)...but I can use it by putting 1 battery on either on of the slot...example I put 1 batt on slot one it will fire... I put it on slot two it will also fire.... but put them both.. only the inner slot will be used.... 

that sounds more like a battery construction problem. if both sides fire the mod individually, it should work with both installed at the same time. try using cells that have a protruding positive tab.