Big Problems with Warranty Service

txmonkey214

Okay, so I submitted my mod for repairs, twice. The first time, I waited over 2 weeks (3, including shipping time back and forth). When I got it back, the down button was stuck the first day, and it just wouldn't fire. I just got it back, today. Now, it won't turn on. Plugged into escribe, it shows 0 battery, on two fully charged 30Q's. I can only guess that either it was damaged, or it wasn't put together right, for the second time in a row. I put my first repair request in on March 1. I have shipped this to evolv, twice. Each time I get it back, the problems become worse, not better.

hum...... guess you need to RMA it again......  Nick is very good and Evolv's Customer Service is top-notch.  As you know Evolv's warranty covers the DNA board only and they went above and beyond what is required by actually working on your device. If I recall the first time you sent it in was because the device took-a-tumble and died (usually not a warranty item). The second time it went to Evolv was for a button that was stuck when you got it back. So when you got it today, at some point, it would not turn on. I know it is a frustrating day today but "stuff happens" so I wouldn't be too upset with Nick, or Evolv.

Give Nick a shout out by "Opening your Ticket" again.  The Ticket you used for the last RMA should have been closed so you can open it again and add your comments for another RMA request.  Or you can start a new ticket...

Let us know how it goes....

Nick didn't make the mistake that caused the problems that made it necessary to send it in twice. Nor did he cause whatever problems it now has. But, someone at evolv warranty service has dropped the ball, twice. And, this time, it seems that the mod, itself was damaged: ohms read 0, watt hours read 0, battery pack reads 9.16v, batteries each read 4.16v.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the problem. Even if you don't uncheck the 3rd cell on device monitor, it simply shouldn't show up, with 1.2 sp5. Also, it reads higher than the phantom cell that showed on device monitor, before 1.2 sp5 was released. So, it isn't normal, even if it were in 3 cell mode. Yes, it is the stock dna settings. I never attempted to customize. It won't start up, at all. Tethered to the usb, I get a screen that shows 0 ohms, and 0 battery. Otherwise, it's Evolv's stock opening screen, until you release the fire button. Then, nothing.
When you asked me to post the screen shots, did you have something in mind that you might be able to share with me?
What does the fact it fails to read ohms on an installed coil, and the 0 watt hours/0% battery showing on fully charged Samsung 30Q's tell you about the problem? Is it a hardware issue, other than the chip? That's what it seems like, to me. I was told that they simply had to realign the chip. But, this one doesn't have my settings on it. It's stock settings. I checked the serial number. And it's new. So, is it a bad chip?

As giz_60 posted you need to install the .ecig file he posted for you... If you look on the Mod Tab you gave a screenshot of it shows 3 cells selected.  You have the Evolv Default .ecig file loaded which is for a DNA200 in your device and you should have the VT133 .ecig file installed which is 2 cells and 133 watt max...

txmonkey214 said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with the problem. Even if you don't uncheck the 3rd cell on device monitor, it simply shouldn't show up, with 1.2 sp5. Also, it reads higher than the phantom cell that showed on device monitor, before 1.2 sp5 was released. So, it isn't normal, even if it were in 3 cell mode. Yes, it is the stock dna settings. I never attempted to customize. It won't start up, at all. Tethered to the usb, I get a screen that shows 0 ohms, and 0 battery. Otherwise, it's Evolv's stock opening screen, until you release the fire button. Then, nothing.
When you asked me to post the screen shots, did you have something in mind that you might be able to share with me?
What does the fact it fails to read ohms on an installed coil, and the 0 watt hours/0% battery showing on fully charged Samsung 30Q's tell you about the problem? Is it a hardware issue, other than the chip? That's what it seems like, to me. I was told that they simply had to realign the chip. But, this one doesn't have my settings on it. It's stock settings. I checked the serial number. And it's new. So, is it a bad chip?

It does matter...when it is set for 3 cells, that's telling the Mod there should be 3 cells & when the mod doesn't see the proper voltage for the 3rd cell, it won't work properly. We see this a lot when people inadvertently hit the 'Restore Defaults' in Escribe on a 133 or 166 device & it loads the Evolv defaults, which is for the 200 or 250...

Edit: Just changing it from 3 cells to 2 cells would probably make it work, but why not get the factory file loaded, then you will be back to out of the box state...even with the VT133 welcome screen...

I installed it. As I suspected, it changed nothing. The 3rd cell should not be showing, at all. Yet, there it is. It has an abnormally high reading, for a phantom cell. What about the 0 charge/watt hours, and 0 battery level on two fully charged 30Q's? What does that tell you? Is it another bad board, or did the tech break the mod, itself?
screen 2 133.png