Lavabox Dna 75 "too hot"

Scott Novosel

i'm actually more interested in board temp while sitting idle.  

with your DNA 75 connected, in EScribe's top left hand corner "TOOLS" - "APPLY SERVICE PACK" - open the DNA 75 service pack list - select the current firmware you are running on your DNA 75. it will reinstall the FW. this may or may not fix it. most likely not but worth a shot.

yep, sorry Scott, one of the board's on-board temp sensors has failed. is mod ridiculously hot to the touch? either way the board needs to be replaced. is the warranty from the vendor you purchased the mod from still good? if not, evolv warranties the board for 1 year from the date of purchase. i would contact Volcano first and if they don't help you, contact evolv and open a help ticket. link is my sig.

edit... you get ejuice inside the mod? that could be affecting the sensor.

Scott Novosel said:

Thanks chunkybutt.... Figured it was toast. The board is soldered... Will I have to tear it apart or ship the whole mod to evolve? I already opened a ticket... Just trying to get a jump on things. This device is past warranty... The chip is not

wait for response first from evolv. they may have you send in the entire device. either way, they'll get you back up and running.

• 1 month later...
Scott Novosel said:

I've been too lazy to mail it out... But evolve is all over it. You mail the whole mod in and they take care of it. I imagine if it's under 1 year warranty... Your good to go

Yep, sometimes they ask for the device and other times they ask for the DNA board.... let us know how it goes...

• 2 months later...

I resolve this issue by removing the yellowish plastic that wrapping dna board. So far i haven't received too hot error. It has been two days.

Why is it expensive mods keep having issue, used evic vtc mini for two years without any problem. 

Thia is my second store bought dna that having problem. The one that i diy myself dont have any problem, except the look of it.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

@JCMemphis My best guess is the NTC sensor (board's temp sensor) on the board has failed or has been knocked off, either do to drop or during mod assembly. The mod is cool to the touch? Contact Volcano Ecigs about a return. Evolv does warranty the board itself for 1 year, there is that route as well.

Thanks, bro. Took the box back to the dealer who sold it to me and they gave me a new one right after checking the issue. I guess they have encountered it before and just takes care of the warranty as part of their customer service. To answer your question, yes the mod is actually very cold. Thanks for the tip, at least I know what route to take if this 2nd unit still shows the same symptoms.

• Like 1