Check Battery - no charge symbol

Mawsley

Read through the other threads and I'm probably just seeking confirmation there's an issue here from the manufacture of the mod.

Plugging in to either and charging unit or USB3 obtains no charging symbol on the battery. Pressing the fire button returns a "Check Battery" message.

[vtb1] 

[vtb2] 

Any help appreciated :)

Hi,

I have the same box and when it came the batteries showed 3.8v each.  I did notice the manual says to not allow them to go below 3.6v which contradicts the 3.09v soft cut off that John states in another thread.

For now I have set mine to 3.6v cut off.

Did you get any use out of the unit when you got it? I ask as I wonder if it has depleted the cells beyond what it should as it's set to 3.09v when you get it.

Hope you get it sorted.  Do you have a lipo charger as some of these can bring them back in to operating voltage range.

Rob

I think the issue is down to an errant resistor, Rob.

I've contacted the company, and so has the guy in charge of the GB. They've agreed to replace all faulty units. Just chalking it up to being one of those things you can experience when jumping on a new release.

Just curious what you mean, is it a resistor on the board or something in the battery? 

There is an issue with the 510 connector on these by the way.  When I got mine and used it 10 mins later the 510 cup came away from the body of the mod, I glued it back on with gel type superglue.  They have announced that this could effect the first 200 unit's so if your in contact with your supplier make sure you mention it and ask for one of the newer press fit unit's.

Sorry you have a faulty one though, appart from the 510 above it's looking like a nice unit.  Loving the profiles on the DNA200, have one set for each tank I use, switching has never been easier.

Rob

The lack of a charging symbol and no current being drawn shown in Escribe - apparently this can be down to a damaged resistor connection near the USB according to other threads.

Unplugged the white connector, then re-attached it and very very briefly got a charging lightening symbol. Could be a duff connector - either way it isn't going to do the business.

Yep, I have seen the 510 issues from some folks, mine appears solid. I do like the mod so it'd be nice to get a replacement that works out the box :D

Kahless said:

Hi,

I have the same box and when it came the batteries showed 3.8v each.  I did notice the manual says to not allow them to go below 3.6v which contradicts the 3.09v soft cut off that John states in another thread.

For now I have set mine to 3.6v cut off.

Did you get any use out of the unit when you got it? I ask as I wonder if it has depleted the cells beyond what it should as it's set to 3.09v when you get it.

Hope you get it sorted.  Do you have a lipo charger as some of these can bring them back in to operating voltage range.

Rob

I'm really hoping someone "in the know" addresses the 3.6 volt cut off stated here.

I have one 3 cell pack that I made that developed a bad connection somewhere within the pack itself and it does the same thing as this. when I play with the connections within the pack the voltage jumps from 12 plus down to 1-2 volt range and all 3 cells drop all the way down. says check battery and displays no battery symbol on the main screen, when I switch to another pack it's perfect.

it sounds like a problem in the battery pack, especially on this mod, one video review showed this thing actually has a suicide connector on the main battery connector,  try poking around at the pack with it plugged in to escribe and watch the screen for jumping voltages

Return your mod to the vendor.

Vape Cige/Rainbow Heaven have admitted that they know there's a problem with a load of packs they sent out and this is covered under the warranty. Nine of the twenty units sold by the vendor I bought mine through are being returned to be replaced.

Mine functions perfectly now the lipo has been changed over. Well...for the time being :D

• 2 weeks later...
VapingBad said:

In Escribe - Device Monitor - press Diagnostics - Advanced - Perform USB Recovery Cahrging

How does USB recovery charging work? I clicked perform on it and nothing has changed over the past 2 hours... I have a post in Batteries and Charging if that would help but so far USB recovery charge has dropped one cell .01V and raised another by .01V but that happened over 2 hours.

Any ideas?

Recovery charge allows the charger to turn on even when one or more cells have fallen below 2 volts.  It will only stay on briefly (a minute or so) before returning to its normal 2 volt limit.  The idea is, if a cell has dropped below the 2v threshold it should, with a brief charge, jump back above 2v.  

Recovery charge will not work if any cell has fallen below 1 volt.

Lyrewarlord said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]In Escribe - Device Monitor - press Diagnostics - Advanced - Perform USB Recovery Cahrging

How does USB recovery charging work? I clicked perform on it and nothing has changed over the past 2 hours... I have a post in Batteries and Charging if that would help but so far USB recovery charge has dropped one cell .01V and raised another by .01V but that happened over 2 hours.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I know typical lithium recovery charges are very slow until each cell reaches a certain limit, IIRC about 2 V.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=Lyrewarlord][QUOTE=VapingBad]In Escribe - Device Monitor - press Diagnostics - Advanced - Perform USB Recovery Cahrging

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I know typical lithium recovery charges are very slow until each cell reaches a certain limit, IIRC about 2 V.[/QUOTE]

That's the weird part nothing has changed over the past 2 hours not even the charge has risen above 0.01 wh it is sitting at 0.007 currently

Brandon said:

Recovery charge allows the charger to turn on even when one or more cells have fallen below 2 volts.  It will only stay on briefly (a minute or so) before returning to its normal 2 volt limit.  The idea is, if a cell has dropped below the 2v threshold it should, with a brief charge, jump back above 2v.  

Recovery charge will not work if any cell has fallen below 1 volt.

9-16-2015_1-37-29_PM.png  So what would you recommend? I have performed 2 recovery charges (supposedly) and have not seen much in the world of change

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Hcigar VT200 that is not charging.  I tried plugging into a wall wart usb, would not charge.  I then plugged into the computer it started to charge for a couple of minutes then quit charging.  My battery pack is at 10.7v with each cell at 3.58v  Can someone help me with this?  I don't know what to do.

Thanks