Think Vape Finder DNA250 Mod resistance

robinbd27

I was running it at .004 which is what I am using on my other DNA devices for the most part, but after reading it today I set it to .009 and it is still working fine.  I also tried .011 and a little higher and it wasn't stable.  .009 seems about right.

As most everyone who has played around with these settings know that a zero or lower number than what it actually is will still work, but your temp reading will probably be lower than it would be to get a similar vape with a better tuned unit. You will start getting erratic results or TC failure when you are either exactly at or above the real mod resistance.  So it seems like the .009 is ok. But after making the change I am now vaping on the same tank and build about 50 degrees higher to get the same result. 

Then you have the atty resistance to consider which varies from atty to atty and will give you some additional leeway to increase the number a bit more, but my thoughts are that the mod resistance plus the atty resistance must be at least a tad lower than what it must be in reality or else TC will fail.

Sounds right?  Your thoughts?

JimScotty0 said:

I was running it at .004 which is what I am using on my other DNA devices for the most part, but after reading it today I set it to .009 and it is still working fine. I also tried .011 and a little higher and it wasn't stable. .009 seems about right.

As most everyone who has played around with these settings know that a zero or lower number than what it actually is will still work, but your temp reading will probably be lower than it would be to get a similar vape with a better tuned unit. You will start getting erratic results or TC failure when you are either exactly at or above the real mod resistance. So it seems like the .009 is ok. But after making the change I am now vaping on the same tank and build about 50 degrees higher to get the same result.

Then you have the atty resistance to consider which varies from atty to atty and will give you some additional leeway to increase the number a bit more, but my thoughts are that the mod resistance plus the atty resistance must be at least a tad lower than what it must be in reality or else TC will fail.

Sounds right? Your thoughts?

IMHO your thoughts are completely backwards, but understandable as there's been so much back and forth wandering/waffling/drivel by so many. Heck, who the hell am I?

"was running it at .004 which is what I am using on my other DNA devices for the most part, but after reading it today I set it to .009 and it is still working fine. I also tried .011 and a little higher and it wasn't stable. .009 seems about right." You can't just ballpark it when we're talking such small value differences. And you've now moved it from a lower value to a higher value. A lower conservative value is better than a higher value.

"... but your temp reading will probably be lower than it would be to get a similar vape with a better tuned unit" Not sure what you're really trying to say here. With a mod resistance of say 0, and a user setting of say 400F, the actual temp would be higher at the coil.

" .... You will start getting erratic results or TC failure when you are either exactly" Interesting, who said this? Evolv had always recommended a conservative value, somewhere @ 80% of the measured value till we got the copper tool, which no longer works on the 2xx boards.

Edit : Found an excellent thread on this. Posts 8 and 11 (Point 2), both from Evolv are excellent and IMHO validate my thoughts (I hope)

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post?id=7522239

I think the mod resistance subject has had about as much controversy/discussions as the best wire material for building coils. Seems that most have their own opinion/preferences. I personally prefer to stay to the lower, truer end of the mod resistance value, as I seem to get a more consistent, satisfying vape. I imagine the value/settings is more crucial on a coil built with wire of a higher resistivity/lower TCR than wire of the opposite. But, at the end of the day, I love the fact that the DNA settings can be customized to provide what works best for oneself, as opposed to the cheaper, other mods on the market, where you get you get...whatever keeps ya off the stinks...GO FOR IT....:thumb:

Yes, different attys will have different resistance from each other, but this is not going to change the internal resistance of the mod!