I have given up on the Lost Vape Therion BF in temp control mode

Little Brat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you look at the last Device Monitor screen shot, the cold ohms are holding steady at .59...when you fired, they dropped & then leveled off at .601...you have a fluctuating resistance issue...if that atty is working good on the Drone, then you may have gotten some juice into the 510 connector on the BF. that is a common problem with BF devices...try cleaning it with some iso alcohol...

And I might add..... in Profile 1 the coil material is set to SS316L... check that drop down list and see if there is another SS316L to choose. If so, select it and see if that helps...  

Your post #4 shows 2 SS316L materials installed on the device...

retird said:

And I might add..... in Profile 1 the coil material is set to SS316L... check that drop down list and see if there is another SS316L to choose. If so, select it and see if that helps...  

Your post #4 shows 2 SS316L materials installed on the device...

And 1 of them has the wire profile for NI200 associated with it

Some how, some way, you have gotten the wire profiles wonky on your device. If you had down loaded & loaded, into your device, the SS316L .csv from Steam Engine, it would be named "SS316L Elite" in the materials tab. So, you need to start from scratch.

1. In the General tab, on Profile 1, change the 'Coil Material' to anything BUT  SS316L...Scroll through the rest of your Profiles to make sure SS316L is not assigned to any. If so, change them too.
2. In the Materials tab, delete everything that says SS316L (both in the 'Available Materials' box & 'Materials on Device' box)
3. Re-load the Steam Engine .csv & move it over to the device. (should be named SS316L Elite)
4. General tab...change the Coil Material to SS316L Elite
5. Upload to device

Here is the SS316L .csv from Steam Engine in case you need it....csv DNA200-SS_316L _Elite-SteamEngine.csv  129 Bytes   0 downloads 

(It doesn't matter that it says..."DNA200" in the file name)

DNA200-UD-SS_316L_DJaquith_V4.csv

Hey @Little Brat, might I suggest you only do as asked, and not venture off doing your own thing as it makes things more difficult. You're screenshots are our eyes, and our requests ... your fingers. Here's an example. In your post #3, look at your wattages and 'ohms lock'

[QUOTE=Little Brat]

3 Pro1.png 
[/QUOTE]

Then when requested a second time, you actually made changes (Post 31), albeit only a 2.5 watt decrease, but now the ohms are locked. A change, perhaps to preserve and retain the value, if in between was when you did the drone screenshot

[QUOTE=Little Brat]

31 Pro1.png 

[/QUOTE]

You'll be all fixed up relatively quickly my good man. The DNA's can seem quite daunting at times. In the hands of anyone that commented here, I'd say less than 10 minutes. Others working as our fingers adds time naturally. Have a good night.

My thereon came preloaded with only the ni200 curve. The other materials were all set up with ni200 curve simple fix delete the SS and Ti curves and download them from steam engine. It looks like you have already added a second 316l but are probably still selecting the ni200 curve labeled ss316. i suspect that following giz_60's suggestion above will get you where you need to be.

On a side note...have you run the case analyzer yet? Having the proper Case Thermal values is quite important when vaping in TC mode. At the bottom of the Mod tab, if your Case Thermal values look like the following screenshot, then you have the defaults..highly recommend running the case analyzer...will take awhile (couple of hours or so)...make sure your batteries are at least 50% drained prior to running the analyzer....and I would leave the computer alone while it's running because if for some reason the connection to the USB port is disrupted, it stop & you will have to start again..take it from experience...:D

Capture.png

On another side note... Do you still have that 'resistance locked' in the profile? It stops the board from working half its magic, and IMHO mainly effective for shoddy builds with jumpy ohms

Refinement - DNA 75 Datasheet, Page 6, under 'Resistance lock'