Another issue- battery problems/ not charging.

Hi everyone. 

I have another issue with a DNA200, this time the battery reading- it will not charge. I have checked the Li-Po, and it is OK, it is just when connected to the mod it is reading like this, and will not charge. 

This happened before, and I needed a board replacement. 

Here is an image of Escribe- it is very erratic. Any ideas what I can do to sort this out? Why am I so unlucky with Evolv :(, out of 49 mods, 4 out of 5 Evolv mods have now failed, and only one other mod has. 

Well, those cells look/looked imbalanced. Battery issue. Keep an eye on that, or try charging till they're all the same value, or recovery charge which takes a long time.

Isn't that the mod with those easily replaceable lipo battery packs? Post another screen shot, same as before. :)

I would allso change your cable and charger or alternative usp port, if your connecting it up and seeing intermitant charging, ive buggered a board up through using a bad charger.. also if you've resurected the mod after months of no use because of using all your other mods i cant see a problem with the battery just needing a freshen up charge and ballance, so no issue ..

The mod is fine now I am glad to say :)

The mod does use special removable Li-Po packs- the only problem is you can't seem to get them now. EDIT: Or you can, but they are around £40 on gearbest. 

The DR200 is the one with the easy to replace Li-Po- I think the V1 and V2 DX200 I have were kind of Beta models that were sold to the public, and the DR200 is the final product. 

I do have one other Empty housing, from a damaged pack, which I can solder a new pack into when this one needs replacing, and also another pack as I have converted my other Hotcig to use dual 18650's. 

The numbers for each cell were jumping around very erratically, from 0V up to 5.6V, multiple times a second, which is shown in the graph. 

It just stopped doing it all of a sudden. I hadn't used the mod properly in a few weeks due to all of the others I have, it is being used today though and is fine. 

black lace said:

Doesnt that sound like a bad contact, (contact) being a word covering anything from a broken wire to simply fluf, grease, juice in/on a usb socket or male end.

It does actually, fingers crossed it was simply some fluff or similar on the USB male end, and not something like a solder joint or wire, or a failing USB on the actual mod. 

It is still working as it should be, so it seems this is likely. 

I actually forgot how much I liked the little hotcig, a very nice size and the 900MAH battery is plenty for my usual vaping style, around 30W with a quick 50W preheat.

EDIT: Wow, I only just noticed the puff counter- for the time I have had these mods, I have hardly used them at all! I think my highest puff count is around 9000 on my Wismec or Efusion. 

black lace said:

I would allso change your cable and charger or alternative usp port, if your connecting it up and seeing intermitant charging, ive buggered a board up through using a bad charger.. also if you've resurected the mod after months of no use because of using all your other mods i cant see a problem with the battery just needing a freshen up charge and ballance, so no issue ..

I only just noticed the mention that you have buggered up a mod with a bad charger- I have changed the USB cable now. I always use a 1.3A supply from the wall to charge when not using Escribe- I prefer to use a supply that is rated slightly more from a good brand (samsung), as I found that the 1A ones seem to get very warm. 

This isn't just with my DNA200's, everything that charges at 1A, so I use the 1.3A. I know that this is OK as the device will just draw what it needs. 

How did you damage a device with a bad charger? Sorry to hear that happened too. 

Yes i allso use the samsung chargers, (better the charger gets warm than mod) i bought a generic twin 1amp charger, i can only guess it must have shorted somehow and blew/burned somthing on the 200 board charger end, allso the only time i have ever blown a fuse is when using a cheap charger and vaped as a pass through and popped a fuse, twice over on different mods.