DNA 60 Wiring Help

aje81

So I am currently building a DNA60 mod and have a couple wiring questions.  I have yet to wire an Evolv board that incorporates the e-scribe software, my last build being a DNA30. So my first question is about the charging board that comes with the DNA60 board.  In the "Pinout diagram" it says that pin 15 (USB Vdetect)  is connected to USB Vbus through a 10Kohm resistor if not using Evolv's charger board.  I assume that I am using Evolv's charging board as this is what came in the Retail Box with my DNA60.  Does this mean I wire directly from pin 15 (USB Vdetect) on the DNA board to the "V" pin on the charger board without the resistor?  It doesn't indicate what to do if using the Evolv charging board, just what to do if "Not" using this board.

My other question is about wire size.  Evolv recommends using 14awg silicone insulated wire on the Power Output pins (pin #7 and #8) but my silicone insulated 14awg doesn't even come close to fitting inside the hole designated for these wires.  I can't even get #16awg wire to fit inside these holes without trimming some strands away.  What on earth are people doing with these pins to get the recommended wire size to fit?  Seems odd they would recommend a certain size wire yet not allow that size wire to fit inside the designated pins.

Any help with these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
aje81 said:

So I am currently building a DNA60 mod and have a couple wiring questions.  I have yet to wire an Evolv board that incorporates the e-scribe software, my last build being a DNA30. So my first question is about the charging board that comes with the DNA60 board.  In the "Pinout diagram" it says that pin 15 (USB Vdetect)  is connected to USB Vbus through a 10Kohm resistor if not using Evolv's charger board.  I assume that I am using Evolv's charging board as this is what came in the Retail Box with my DNA60.  Does this mean I wire directly from pin 15 (USB Vdetect) on the DNA board to the "V" pin on the charger board without the resistor?  It doesn't indicate what to do if using the Evolv charging board, just what to do if "Not" using this board.

My other question is about wire size.  Evolv recommends using 14awg silicone insulated wire on the Power Output pins (pin #7 and #8) but my silicone insulated 14awg doesn't even come close to fitting inside the hole designated for these wires.  I can't even get #16awg wire to fit inside these holes without trimming some strands away.  What on earth are people doing with these pins to get the recommended wire size to fit?  Seems odd they would recommend a certain size wire yet not allow that size wire to fit inside the designated pins.

Any help with these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the exact same problems, how did you solve yours?

From a few days ago... https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65554-topic/?do=findComment&comment=885141 the turnigy flexi silicone seems to be very narrow compared to other brands, ive never had a problem with 22awg for switches and chargers 18 for batteries 18 for power out of pin holes and 16 & 14 off solder pads.

black lace said:

From a few days ago... https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65554-topic/?do=findComment&comment=885141 the turnigy flexi silicone seems to be very narrow compared to other brands, ive never had a problem with 22awg for switches and chargers 18 for batteries 18 for power out of pin holes and 16 & 14 off solder pads.

Thanks man, it is actually my wiring scheeme. I was now making sure it is ok (they say it looks good) But the problem I am facing now is how to join some wires to the circuit. The holes look so little for a 14/18 AWG wire.

I'm about to start wiring mine up and I too can't get the wire to fit in there and I have a tone of turnigys fancy looking colour wire. 14 gauge no way 16 gauge i can but i have to trim some strands dont know if thats a good idea not a wire expert. Im thinking about just using 18 gauge(pins 7 8 9 10)and then 24 gauge (1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 14 15)for the rest . 4 different evolve boards in the pic hahaha

20170512_024641.jpg

20170512_020537.jpg