Chip efficiency, Battery life

9 hours ago, BillW50 said:

SAN DNA80C AIO #108 Firmware SP78
BATT#1 RPY 20w 768 puffs 3.46v 3ml
BATT#2 PWR 18w 949 puffs 3.39v 3ml

SAN DNA80C AIO #108 Firmware SP78
BATT#1 PWR 35w 548 puffs 3.45v 4ml
BATT#2 PWR 40w 578 puffs 3.39v 4ml

I used Samsung 25R cells for all of my tests. I also tried to get that coil higher in wattage, but at 45 watts it was dry hitting too much. Vandy Vape VVC-15 (SS316L) are rated for 35-60w. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to do a build that will be able to handle 60 watts.

Anyways I am not seeing any short battery life using a San DNA80C. It looks respectable to me. The battery level bar does drop too fast and it seems to show empty when you have about 40% capacity left. That might be by design, I dunno. And when the battery is really empty and the weak battery shows up on the screen, It keeps firing if you want. But you can tell the wattage is dropping.

Yeah thats not my experience. At 35w on the san with a new sony vtc6. I dont have any voltage drop issues. I do max 300 puffs per day and I have to charge it after work which has to be about 150 puffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleRock said:

Ill take tighten those screws today and test with a new battery.

You might consider completely removing that plate to see that there is no anodiztion interfering with it's connection to the chassis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EagleRock said:

Ill take tighten those screws today and test with a new battery.

Careful! I wouldn't pop that window out on the Sans. I know what @dwcraig1 sees and Evolv's example probably the board does come out from the window side. But the San's window is smaller and is glued in (and juice proof) and it is framed unlike Evolv's. And there is no way the board can be removed through that opening even if the window was removed. I would not mess with that window on the San. It looks like everything comes out through the other side.

20240728_082747.thumb.jpg.0b9e3fc53e6fc4caeccd4def3fb477cc.jpg

On the bottom of the San, see that rectangle on the bottom (picture below)? It looks like there is a screw under it that connects the positive battery connection to the board through that lower wire (picture above). I would not mess with this and find out if you could exchange it at the place you got it. Telling them it has poor battery connections. If that fails, try Evolv by opening up a ticket.

If you are stuck fixing it yourself. The ground screws looks like they are on the other side under the panel. If the ground screws doesn't solve it, then it is likely that positive battery connection under that rectangle on the bottom. I can't tell if it is a sticker or a plate. I think it is a plate and a hair dryer should soften the glue to lift it off (hopefully).

20240728_082648.thumb.jpg.ef6f4602cb4fba6f3991596b782f805e.jpg

EDIT: That is a Vaperz Cloud logo on the window.

Edited by BillW50

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

How many ml's of liquid is that 150 puffs?

About 3.5ml but I'll have to test it again. Now with the .6 coil I'm running it seems weird cause I can easily make it through work vaping heavily at 28w and have battery left until almost end of day. Surely the 7w cant be that much. But i was also running boost at 1 and warmth at 5 before, switched to 0 boost and 3 warmth since then cause you dont need boost for stock coils rly. Will test again once I get my hands on some 35w coils.

Edited by intel

On 7/26/2024 at 7:25 AM, Dieseljesus said:

It's like @EagleRock says, it feels like you get 30,40 or 50 puffs from a battery max. That's why I'm not using the San anymore while I'm here and only the blaze now since it seems to be more battery efficient.

Does the battery drain without using the device? Because the San's positive battery post is really close to ground (see picture). They say e-liquid isn't conductive. But VG and PG absorbs moisture and then it becomes conductive. And if e-liquid was there, it would likely drain the battery.

SanDNA80Cbottom2.thumb.jpg.c8d07401ddc6fce7d808a71b13d04584.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 5:19 PM, BillW50 said:

Careful! I wouldn't pop that window out on the Sans. I know what @dwcraig1 sees and Evolv's example probably the board does come out from the window side. But the San's window is smaller and is glued in (and juice proof) and it is framed unlike Evolv's. And there is no way the board can be removed through that opening even if the window was removed. I would not mess with that window on the San. It looks like everything comes out through the other side.

20240728_082747.thumb.jpg.0b9e3fc53e6fc4caeccd4def3fb477cc.jpg

On the bottom of the San, see that rectangle on the bottom (picture below)? It looks like there is a screw under it that connects the positive battery connection to the board through that lower wire (picture above). I would not mess with this and find out if you could exchange it at the place you got it. Telling them it has poor battery connections. If that fails, try Evolv by opening up a ticket.

If you are stuck fixing it yourself. The ground screws looks like they are on the other side under the panel. If the ground screws doesn't solve it, then it is likely that positive battery connection under that rectangle on the bottom. I can't tell if it is a sticker or a plate. I think it is a plate and a hair dryer should soften the glue to lift it off (hopefully).

20240728_082648.thumb.jpg.ef6f4602cb4fba6f3991596b782f805e.jpg

EDIT: That is a Vaperz Cloud logo on the window.

So I opened the mod from the panel side and was able to access and tighten all the screws; seems to have helped a bit with getting more juice out of the battery, as the puff count is now around 150.

but I'm still getting these weird spikes nd voltage drops when I vape on it, what do you think ?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 15.33.08.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 15.34.12.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 15.34.39.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 15.35.19.png

21 hours ago, BillW50 said:

Does the battery drain without using the device? Because the San's positive battery post is really close to ground (see picture). They say e-liquid isn't conductive. But VG and PG absorbs moisture and then it becomes conductive. And if e-liquid was there, it would likely drain the battery.

SanDNA80Cbottom2.thumb.jpg.c8d07401ddc6fce7d808a71b13d04584.jpg

Havnt noticed much battery drain when not using, also I have never had liquid down there so far, I keep an eye on it often as you need to change the batteries all the time :D

5 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

That's 3.72v on the voltage drop with full charged cell, you should expect yours to be about the same.

Were the 3 screws on the top plate in need of tightening. Did any screws appear loose.?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 070458.png

Ill try again with a full battery and see. Still the ones i used was around 70% full.

nothing was lose, i just snugged everything.

I don't understand those squiggly lines at the beginning of charging.

As far as voltage drop if yours looks comparable to mine then you good to go for that.

I plugged mine in without a cell installed, it looked wild but still not like yours.

22 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

I don't understand those squiggly lines at the beginning of charging.

As far as voltage drop if yours looks comparable to mine then you good to go for that.

I plugged mine in without a cell installed, it looked wild but still not like yours.

Battery was around 4.13 and it dropped to 3.35. That is still a big drop no?

2 hours ago, EagleRock said:

..... but I'm still getting these weird spikes nd voltage drops when I vape on it, what do you think ?

The only time I've seen those weird spikes was vaping on PnP or GTX or an RBA using Nichrome coils in both straight watts or Replay. The watts looked like a jigsaw blade and I could not feel any difference in the puff. It was strictly on the display.

15 hours ago, Wayneo said:

The only time I've seen those weird spikes was vaping on PnP or GTX or an RBA using Nichrome coils in both straight watts or Replay. The watts looked like a jigsaw blade and I could not feel any difference in the puff. It was strictly on the display.

In the pics i posted yesterday i was using the shift tank with a GTX coil but it also happened previously when using an RBA with an Alien coil.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

@intel @Dieseljesus @EagleRock  how did this end up gents? What did the mfgr say or do to resolve the issue? 

Vaperz Cloud have been ghosting me and @EagleRock which is sad. Both me and him sent mails to the UK sales and support contact and they have been awesome before but now, just silent. To be honest, the San with Dna80 is a disappointment that feels more and more useless every day and I'd rather use something like my Pulse V2 with one battery per workday rather than the San with 3-6 batteries... It's just ridiculous

• Sad 1