Replay DNA 80C

Here I have my 80C with a Triton 1 ohm Kanthal coil. Without highlighting Replay icon I take a puff during which it says "Firing". When I release the fire button it says "Replay Ready". I highlight the Replay icon and hit the fire button, now it says Replay in green bottom center. It is now Playing.

The DNA80C will Replay just about all coils whether TC wire or not.

DNA80C and Triton coil.jpg

replay ready.jpg

Playing.jpg

• Thanks 1

everything is working up to the bottom photo you have shown, when i press fire again i get check atomizer constant , let go of the fire button it say ready again. i have to move the select  click the replay icon and disable and it fires back into wattage. I've hard rebooted the device , applied the service pack , restored defaults , changed themes and it acts the same no matter what i do

1 minute ago, dwcraig1 said:

1st picture looks as expected, 2nd picture I have no idea what is causing that.

If you purchased it locally you might try contacting them otherwise open a ticket with Evolv or StealthVape 

ok will do , the place i bought it from have sold out of the colour i have so that's probably going to be a hassle as id want the same colour back .. lol

i was going to buy another anyway before i noticed this , it happened from the very first day but i was using just normal kanthal wire and i thought i will try again with SS coils in it to make sure and it did it again. why I'm here now. might have a word with Vaperz Cloud see if they will swap it even though i didn't buy it direct form them. then if that fails i will open a ticket but i will know for sure if i buy another in the meantime.

thanks anyway

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vapors Tongue said:

posting 2 pics here one labeled wattage and the other replay

FYI, We can't see labels or filenames.

8 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

When using EScribe's Device Monitor does your cold ohms vs live ohms appear as expected?

And this answer should have been 'no'. The 'live ' ohms need to rise above cold. So my question is do you have any other rba's you can try? And what rba was that?

Or, can you remove the boro, reboot device, put the boro back in, monitor some of your puffs and ONLY looking at live and cold ohms, do you ever see live > cold. If Yes, try to enable replay at that point.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

FYI, We can't see labels or filenames.

And this answer should have been 'no'. The 'live ' ohms need to rise above cold. So my question is do you have any other rba's you can try? And what rba was that?

Or, can you remove the boro, reboot device, put the boro back in, monitor some of your puffs and ONLY looking at live and cold ohms, do you ever see live > cold. If Yes, try to enable replay at that point.

followed your instructions and here are the results.  the rba is a voltrove , it also happed in the stream crave meson boro tank . same results

watt.png

replay.png

Live ohms never greater than cold. Not gonna work in Replay.

I don't have either of those RBA's and also never encountered that issue in 6 months of using the 80C, even using Ni80 and Kanthal in Replay and about 6 different RBAs. I don't think it's a board issue, more a device issue. VC should definitely be interested to know or Evolv might figure out what's wrong and inform VC.

One question, did you move 'warmth' to 5 or did it come like that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Live ohms never greater than cold. Not gonna work in Replay.

I don't have either of those RBA's and also never encountered that issue in 6 months of using the 80C, even using Ni80 and Kanthal in Replay and about 6 different RBAs. I don't think it's a board issue, more a device issue. VC should definitely be interested to know or Evolv might figure out what's wrong and inform VC.

One question, did you move 'warmth' to 5 or did it come like that?

i set it to 5 probably experimenting , i think its set at 1 as standard as the advice on allowing compatibility with allow on unlikely coils 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Do you have another RBA to try besides the Meson?

unfortunately not I'm having a clear out and I've sold any other RBA i did have. but I've a billet box and in the DNA60 they both work in temp mode and the same coils work with replay in my 250C. this is happening on the SAN AIO DNA80C

Edited by Vapors Tongue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Do you have another RBA to try besides the Meson?

only way to check my RBA''s i do have is to buy another and hope im not that unlucky to have bought 2 devices randomly with the same fault .. lol. so if the new one acts the same it must be the RBA and not the device

UPDATE ! . i had a brain fart and i completely forgot the SAN AIO came with the stock coil option shift boro tank and im pleased to say REPLAY is working just fine. so thank god its not the mod i don't need to RMA it and we can now say the Voltrove RBA and the Meson RBA do not work with replay on the DNA80C. Happy days now !!!

2024-06-22 20.06.14.jpg

• Like 2

if anyone reads this in the future the solution is simple but rather annoying , you have to use a flush nut to get that much downforce to make replay work . drip tips of the screw in kind wont work or be 100% what the pin needs for contact between the boro tank and device.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, Vapors Tongue said:

if anyone reads this in the future the solution is simple but rather annoying , you have to use a flush nut to get that much downforce to make replay work . drip tips of the screw in kind wont work or be 100% what the pin needs for contact between the boro tank and device.

well , i bought another 80C to rule out if i had a faulty pin and 2 new RBA'S and my custom threaded drip tips work no problems. as soon as i reverted back to the RBA'S i had originally same problems i had returned. so if you cant get replay to work with an RBA try a flushnut for a better connection. 

2024-06-28 07.22.25.jpg

2024-06-28 07.25.42.jpg

• Like 1