DNA 250C wont connect after theme change

Vapors Tongue

Long time no see , but i thought id try here before i send my mod back

i uploaded a theme to my device and i cant change it to another theme or can i connect to escribe or theme designer , it just keeps saying device in use, yet the theme is full functional but the problem remains it wont connect to escribe or theme designer.

I've tried leaving the batteries out for an hour or so , still the same problem 

its not the usb wire or pc because it worked before and i can upload and change themes and use escribe on another DNA i have

any suggestions before i return it or submit a ticket.

7 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Have you tried rebooting your PC while plugging into a different port, ideally not through a hub?

yep , its just weird the theme works on the mod , but it wont connect anymore to escribe or theme designer , i can unplug and plug the usb back into my pc and hear the bell that a usb device has just been connected . it just wont connect to escribe or theme designer anymore. just comes up with device in use every time i try to connect it to the programs

Edited by formula 1

i didn't have the option reload firmware but apply service pack , so i did the recommend one and it accepted it and loaded it , its still saying device in use after that i tried the previous service pack , accepted it but still device in use message. I've looked in to all the options on the theme and i did notice time out was about 600 minutes. so i brought it down to 1 minutes waited 5 minutes and still no joy.

what would uninstalled device do in escribe ? 

If ecigstats is running in Windows, can you quit that. Then can you do this; Up under Tools - Diagnostics - Reboot device - Hard reboot. Quit escribe, unplug mod and restart.

2 hours ago, formula 1 said:

what would uninstalled device do in escribe ? 

Where'd ya see that?

• Like 1

mystery solved itself , after applying the service pack 3 times. gave up hope, took the batteries out ready to have it returned to the shop.

I've got up in the middle of the night and had a drink and i thought i will just give this another go and it connected to escribe straight away.

I'm wondering if its a funny chip i have because i had to reload the service pack a coupe of days ago when it wouldn't upload a theme. i have 2 mods exactly the same model, one in silver and one in gun metal. the silver one now I've had issue twice and i do exactly the same on the device as i do on the gun metal one regard's to setup and themes.

this is where uninstall device is located and thanks for helping much appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 035751.png