DNA250C Not Charging @ 2A?

Buzzkiller

I'm sure that the onboard charger is not charging properly.  1 hour plugged in,  and it's only at 38%. If I use an external charger at 2A, it takes roughly an hour.

Anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be? I notice that the USB plug gets very warm,  as well as the XT60 connector where the board connects to the battery, but only when using the onboard charger.

I use a Samsung phone charging block to charge the mod, which cranked out 2A just fine when charging my DNA 250 (non color). I use a Turnigy Accucel 6 balance charger and the battery is a Turnigy Nanotech 2.2 mAh 4S.

Edited by Buzzkiller

I would check the cable first checking to see if it will charge another device at 2A or try some other cables. Is your theme able to show charging rate?

Would you think that the heat of the XT60 is coming from the plug or traveling up the wires from the board to it?

My guess here is a bad connection between the male and female usb plug do to looseness or dirty.

• Like 1

You are not going to get 2A at full charge. What are they when you believe you should be getting 2A charging? And some themes will tell you how much current it is charging. If not, EScribe's Device Manager will. But most computer's USB ports usually won't deliver you a full 2A. Some as little as 500ma.

Also you mentioned that the USB plug gets very warm, as well as the XT60 connector. Which is a bit disturbing. That usually means bad connections (resistance and current creates heat). Could be a bad USB cable (like @dwcraig1 had mentioned), dirty connections, etc.

• Like 1

It drops down to like. 05 to .01A at the end. I know that's how balance chargers work, I'm talking about the charge rate from 3.2V up to 4.0V per cell. I was thinking it might be a bad charging cord, I'll try a few more, but that same cord charges my DNA 250 @2A with no problems. I'm looking for a theme that shows charge rate, I may already have one in my downloaded themes already. I can only get 1A out of the USB ports on my laptop.

Edited by Buzzkiller