I finally see the light. Thank you evolv.

stej

I've been a heavy vaper for over a decade now. And I was never truly happy with my setup. Actually most often I was miserable. No matter if I did watts or tc, mtl or dl, kanthal, ss, ti, whatever. It would work alright for a bit once in a while and then it wouldn't. And I had no idea why.

Maybe it was the wicking, maybe the coil, maybe my mix. Endless guessing and going around in circles with very little success and mostly disappointment.

And through all these years, even though I've owned a ton of different hardware, never once did I bother investing in a dna board. Too expensive I always thought. It's just a battery after all. Got one simple job to do. It's all about the atty and the build. Any mod will suffice.

I was obviously dead wrong. Only took me like 12 years to realize.

So, I've been a happy owner of a dovpo riva dna 250c for a few weeks now and my mind is blown. I made this account just to say thanks really. This is truly an amazing device and I absolutely love how it transformed my vaping experience.

First off, it's reliable. It measures the resistance accurately and consistently. Seems like such a simple thing, but oh boy, it's a very rare thing in my experience.

Secondly, I can finally troubleshoot my TC builds. No guesswork needed. I can see exactly how power and temp interact and see if I need to increase or decrease one of the two. I can also see if temp is shooting up too fast, meaning a wicking problem or hotspots, stuff like that.

Third, I can make profiles for my atomizers and manage them on pc. Save different settings for each atomizer, move them around, edit them, copy them, make new material presets, the whole deal. Escribe is awesome.

But finally, and most importantly, there's replay mode. And after watching a couple youtube interviews with evolv developers, I understand something fundamental that's always eluded me; to get a good vaping experience, the coil temp needs to take a journey through all the good spots. Take the scenic route if you will, not shoot straight for the destination. Ramp quickly to where the good stuff starts happening and then stay in the vicinity for the duration, making sure to stay clear of the ugly stuff. And with replay I can get exactly that. Reliably and consistently. The feeling of trusting my device to give me the same good result every time is amazing and I want to thank you guys for that. You got yourselves a fan.

And a bit of feedback after all the praise. 

While replay is great, now that I got a better grasp of what it is I should be aiming for, I'd love for a way to tell that to the board. Ramp asap to 190c for example, from there go to 210c in 3 sec following a linear curve and then cap at 217c following an exponential curve for the rest of the puff. With replay I can sort of get something close to that, but it's kinda random and involves a bit of trial and error to achieve it. Is it worth it for the simplicity of just hitting a button? Absolutely. Would I also like an option to tweak it under the hood and set my own targets? You bet.

And an annoying bug that I found. Whenever I replace the batteries on my device, it loses the last setting I was on and reverts to the previous one. So I always have to keep in mind to change something before replacing batteries so it reverts back to what I actually use. Should probably fix that.

That's all. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're enjoying your mod. 👋

No, there is no custom wattage or temperature curve based on seconds. But you can open a Help Desk ticket and give them your suggestion. Link in my signature line.

6 hours ago, stej said:

Whenever I replace the batteries on my device, it loses the last setting I was on and reverts to the previous one. So I always have to keep in mind to change something before replacing batteries so it reverts back to what I actually use.

I have never seen this or heard of this before. What settings change?

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

I have never seen this or heard of this before. What settings change?

Weird. It's doing it every time. Using the latest update from escribe, so I'm assuming it would be happening on all boards.

As I said it reverts to the last setting I was using. So if I switched profile, it reverts to the previous profile. If I didn't switch profile but adjusted the watts for example on my active profile, it reverts to previous watts. Same if I remeasured my coil or whatever.

It's as if it only saves the last setting you changed when you change the next setting. So whatever was last changed will be reverted when the batteries are taken out.

So, I can recreate what you're saying. If I change profile, take a few puffs, pull the batteries, wait 10 minutes, put batteries back in, the mod does restart using the previous profile. This is what you're saying.

If I change profile, take many puffs, let the mod idle (I dunno I didn't set a timer) pull the batteries, wait till after dinner, put batteries back in, it restarts to that changed profile (not the prior).

I had never noticed before because that's not how I vape. I rarely change profiles once I have an atty setup, usually. I will notify @JacobEvolv here, but really the best way would be for you to open an official trouble ticket at the Help Desk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wayneo said:

So, I can recreate what you're saying. If I change profile, take a few puffs, pull the batteries, wait 10 minutes, put batteries back in, the mod does restart using the previous profile. This is what you're saying.

If I change profile, take many puffs, let the mod idle (I dunno I didn't set a timer) pull the batteries, wait till after dinner, put batteries back in, it restarts to that changed profile (not the prior).

I had never noticed before because that's not how I vape. I rarely change profiles once I have an atty setup, usually. I will notify @JacobEvolv here, but really the best way would be for you to open an official trouble ticket at the Help Desk.

Interesting. So it would seem that the autosave is on a timer probably? And since I've been fiddling with the mod a lot as I'm still exploring it, there was always a change that hadn't been saved yet whenever I had to replace batteries.

Gonna test it out if I can get myself to stop vaping on it for a while.

7 hours ago, stej said:

Interesting. So it would seem that the autosave is on a timer probably? And since I've been fiddling with the mod a lot as I'm still exploring it, there was always a change that hadn't been saved yet whenever I had to replace batteries.

Gonna test it out if I can get myself to stop vaping on it for a while.

I'm curious about this as it hasn't happened to me.  Have you taken out the battery and put it back in within 1 minute?  What happened?  I'm old but seems I recall there is a capacitor that stores a bit of current so you don't loose the setting. Guys correct me if I'm wrong.  I charge all my batteries in the device..

hi everyone,
my experience shows that I have no data loss when changing the battery without stress.
I BELIEVE the mod saves the last settings every time it goes to sleep. Setting => battery out => data loss. Setting => standby => battery out => everything is fine.