Escribe - extended documentation and manual

Hello,

being new to DNA i found a bit frustrating relaying on scattered and generic how.-tos on internet to properly use Escribe.

Is there an official and detailed documentation for Escribe functionalities and operations?

Thanks in advance

Edited by rcamarda

No, not as you describe or imagine. Here's a great video tutorial on the board and Theme Designer. The video lingo, or escribe will get you familiar with DNA words

DJLSB vapes - Evolv DNA 75 C Full Review with eScribe and Theme Editor Tutorial - https://youtu.be/1dvBpTm-FQM

Other than that, the search feature works well or even creating a post like you just did. Hovering over fields in escribe will often give definitions as well.

Welcome 👋

15 ore fa, Wayneo ha scritto:

No, not as you describe or imagine. Here's a great video tutorial on the board and Theme Designer. The video lingo, or escribe will get you familiar with DNA words

DJLSB vapes - Evolv DNA 75 C Full Review with eScribe and Theme Editor Tutorial - https://youtu.be/1dvBpTm-FQM

Other than that, the search feature works well or even creating a post like you just did. Hovering over fields in escribe will often give definitions as well.

Welcome 👋

Thanks for your answer. I do understand. 

That being said I think that's a big miss. Most of escribe users are advanced ones and are able to go through a comprehensive manual. Others will stick to replay. 

For example. I'm confronting with case analysis. How do I have to build the atom, which atom is suggested. What is an acceptable output from the test? How to verify it's being performed properly. If you dig around you find dozens of opinions and interpretation.

Will go through others 10 videos to have 10 different opinions and to have to rewatch a video to access some infos that I would get to in 1 Min if those were on a pdf document. 

A user here created a series of videos that I agree with. A series of 4 back in 2017 that are still valid today. Here's the one for thermal calibration.   https://youtu.be/BlVWc49qbPY

That older board had 1 less case value than a color board but it's still valid. Escribe also shows definitions for each value if you hover over the words.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:01 AM, rcamarda said:

How do I have to build the atom, which atom is suggested. What is an acceptable output from the test? How to verify it's being performed properly

Thermal calibration should have been done by the manufacturer, and it was, by some, years ago. Luckily we have access to the same tools.You can do the calibration more than once if you wish to verify the results. Mods are made with so many different enclosures (Stainless Steel, wood, zinc, 3D printing) all with different thermal characteristics. So a pdf would not be useful, but you can see their defaults and compare if yours are vastly different.

Which mod/board do you have?

On 4/25/2022 at 3:01 AM, rcamarda said:

Most of escribe users are advanced ones and are able to go through a comprehensive manual. Others will stick to replay. 

You really should not discount Replay so quickly. It gives you 'dry hit' protection without all the hassles. I'm sitting here with 4 mods. All calibrated. 2 older non color mods using TC, 2 color mods using Replay. 

23 hours ago, Wayneo said:

A user here created a series of videos that I agree with. A series of 4 back in 2017 that are still valid today. Here's the one for thermal calibration.   https://youtu.be/BlVWc49qbPY

That older board had 1 less case value than a color board but it's still valid. Escribe also shows definitions for each value if you hover over the words.

Thermal calibration should have been done by the manufacturer, and it was, by some, years ago. Luckily we have access to the same tools.You can do the calibration more than once if you wish to verify the results. Mods are made with so many different enclosures (Stainless Steel, wood, zinc, 3D printing) all with different thermal characteristics. So a pdf would not be useful, but you can see their defaults and compare if yours are vastly different.

Which mod/board do you have?

You really should not discount Replay so quickly. It gives you 'dry hit' protection without all the hassles. I'm sitting here with 4 mods. All calibrated. 2 older non color mods using TC, 2 color mods using Replay. 

Thanks to point me out to that videos. I already watched them. About that specific one it seems that the box for case analysis just go thoriugh some charge and cool down of the box. Why should i build an atom with a long wire? At this point having the atomizer on the box is marginal.

I've a VTBox 250c.

About the replay i just love it and I really think is a massive feature ;). Just saying that we should have a detailed manual of escribe even you could use it out of the box without any escribe interaction.