Pufftime adjust an own Puffcurve

De-Leeh

Hello,

Many people say that the Riva 250dna is a bit like a Minikin, which I also had.
I miss one feature that the Minikin had and that was the ability to create your own vape curve.
Since I read about it being similar to the Dna250 I bought it.
Connected to the PC I saw that you can set the draw time.
And I set this in the programme like I did with the Minikin back then, so that I get 3.5 seconds.
This can also be set and uploaded.

Unfortunately, when I pull on it, it shows me 4 seconds when I look in the atomizer info.
Unfortunately, this is a bit of a problem for me.
On the Crown 5 the coil burns through faster and with the Sigfried vaporizer it is similar that the wadding simply burns through.
After 3 seconds, it works much better with the Sigfried that the wadding does not burn through.

My question is is it possible to enter 3.5 seconds in the programme so that it saves them or does it stay like this?
If I enter 3.5 seconds, it rounds up and at 3.4 it rounds down.
Do I have to enter the move time differently?

Another question is can I create my own puffcurve for the Sigfried or do I have to stick with the default stats Kanthal,Ni80,Boost ect?
I am not that familiar with the Dna250, especially with the program.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.

You can't compare the DNA chipset to non-dna chipsets.... 

Burning cotton usually can be addressed by changing wattage and/or boost if vaping in wattage mode. And the same wattage and boost (if avialable) settings of non-dna devices may not give the same results on a dna device. The chipset and firmware are way different.  Try and adjust wattage and boost a bit to stop the burning of the cotton... Temp Control on a DNA can be set to prevent burning of cotton but the coil material must be a material that Temp Control can use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a great video tutorial on the board and Theme Designer. The main reason anyone would compare this to minikin is due to the same shape and size. The video lingo, or escribe will get you familiar with DNA words

You cannot create your own vape curve. (wattage)

DJLSB vapes - Evolv DNA 75 C Full Review with eScribe and Theme Editor Tutorial - https://youtu.be/1dvBpTm-FQM

• Thanks 1

Hello,
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I am aware that you cannot compare the chipsets with each other.
It was more a thought and possibly also an idea if it could be added to the software in the near future.
In the future, it might be possible to add the seconds in 0.1 steps.

I looked again yesterday after my post and saw that the boost was active and have now switched it off.
And still leave it at 3 seconds instead of 4 seconds.
It is now a little smoother and could be a remedy.
3.5 seconds would be perfect to tickle out a bit more flavour and unfold better and then let it cool down while pulling.
But I'll keep an eye on it and set it to 4 seconds and try to work on the timing and release the fire button earlier.
Without the boost function, of course.

I still have one question: what does punch mean when you can set it?
Unfortunately, I can't make heads or tails of the function.
Otherwise, I think the Riva 250C is well made and I am very satisfied with it.

Because of the temperature at the moment, I have installed the Kanthal Meshcoil in the Sigfried.
I still have two 80ni there but haven't tried them yet.
As I have seen, you can't go up to temperature with the Kanthal.
If you can, I need to know how to adjust it and how much.
With the Ni80 coil I think I have seen it but I am not sure.

41 minutes ago, De-Leeh said:

I still have one question: what does punch mean when you can set it?
Unfortunately, I can't make heads or tails of the function.

Boost - A 1 second proportional increase from the set watts for any coil when not used in TC.
Punch - How many extra watts will be used during that 1 second
Kanthal and N80 are watts mode only materials. The word temperature is not used with non TC materials. Words like hotter or cooler are used to keep a clear distinction between TC and non-TC materials 

For TC material (NiFe, SSxxx, Titanium, Nickel200) using TC.
Preheat - Maximum watts allowed at the start of a puff
Punch - How close to the 'set temp' before quitting the Preheat watts

Alternatively if you hover many fields in escribe you'll get official definitions

• Thanks 1

Am 12.2.2022 um 01:10 schrieb De-Leeh:

On the Crown 5 the coil burns through faster and with the Sigfried vaporizer it is similar that the wadding simply burns through.
After 3 seconds, it works much better with the Sigfried that the wadding does not burn through.

My question is is it possible to enter 3.5 seconds in the programme so that it saves them or does it stay like this?

vor 14 Stunden schrieb retird:

Burning cotton usually can be addressed by changing wattage and/or boost if vaping in wattage mode

vor 12 Stunden schrieb De-Leeh:

3.5 seconds would be perfect to tickle out a bit more flavour and unfold better and then let it cool down while pulling.
But I'll keep an eye on it and set it to 4 seconds and try to work on the timing and release the fire button earlier.

Hi - as has already been written: Limiting the puff time is the absolutely wrong way to prevent the cotton from burning.

Think of this function more as a safety feature in case of unintentional actuation (e.g. in your pocket).

Puff.png

Set the power to match the coil and your puff behavior. Or use a temp-sensing wire and TC mode or Replay. Then these problems will be a thing of the past.

Edited by CMK aka gwyar
  • Like 3

One more thing, since you're already dealing with Escribe:

As long as you are not sure how the DNA chipset works, please avoid custom themes, which allow the material to be changed directly within the theme on the mod (not to be confused with changing the profile). With some, the clean separation of the material-specific settings is not clear enough, so that you can catch problems and possibly think of malfunctions in the DNA chipset.
It is best to stay with the standard theme until you have mastered how it works. Later, the beautiful wide world of custom themes will be available to you.

Edited by CMK aka gwyar
  • Like 2

Hello,
And thanks for the feedback and help.

So I think I found the reason why it always attacked the cotton wool.
As recommended, I switched off the boost.
And set the punch to 5.
And I lowered the wattage a bit with the Kanthal Mesh, after rewinding the wadding, and I lowered it to 3 seconds.
Later I went up to 4 seconds because it was too little and worked on the timing a bit and it works relatively well.

I also tried the Mesh Ni80 that came with the Sigfried but I didn't like the taste.
I am irritated when I switch to Ni200.
It only seems to work in watt mode and I could switch off the temperature mode but not the other way round unfortunately.
Or does the function mean it should ramp up to 38 watts and output a maximum of 230 degrees?
I also switched off the boost but left the preheat function at 100 watts.
And felt my way with the number of seconds of the puff.
The cotton wool remained unburnt there too.

If it was burnt, then only if the wattage was too high and 4 seconds is too long.
Otherwise everything is fine.
Instead of the recommended 40 watts with the mesh, I am averaging between 36-38 watts.
36 watts is more for steaming in the cotton and testing if everything is good, if so I give it another 2 watts.

The themes are appealing but I think I'll leave them for now until I get a bit better.

If you did not understand the djlsb video, try finding one in your native language.
If you do not understand something we say, ask us to rephrase our comment.
These quotes make no sense if you go back and read prior posts 

On 2/15/2022 at 9:13 AM, De-Leeh said:

As recommended, I switched off the boost.
And set the punch to 5.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:13 AM, De-Leeh said:

I also tried the Mesh Ni80 that came with the Sigfried but I didn't like the taste.
I am irritated when I switch to Ni200.