Unable to connect to brand new Evolv 100DNA Color

CASCO

I decided to upgrade from my DNA75 mod (Odin 75) to a DNA100 mod (Odin 100) and am unable to get EScribe to connect to the new mod.  I can still connect to the old one, but using the cable that came with my mod will charge but not connect.  I tried another cable that I use for connecting USB-C drives and still cannot get a connection.

I know there's a difference between a charge cable and a data cable for USB-C, but trying both doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any suggestions?  I would like to really change the theme, my old theme required I hit 'enter' to change wattage, now the up/down does it without that and I keep inadvertently changing my wattage.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Is that Odin 100 even a DNA mod? 

Well, dang it, no it is not.  Apparently they wanted to release a 100C before Evolv was able to get theirs out and this has a "Dovpo" chipset and the exact form factor of the DNA100C, so that explains a lot.  I got it to upgrade my DNA75 Odin and incorrectly assumed it was a DNA chipset.  Now I guess I'll have to buy a board and retrofit it into this thing.

Thanks for pointing that out, I wondered why the user interface was so drastically different, now I know.

19 minutes ago, CASCO said:

Apparently they wanted to release a 100C before Evolv was able to get theirs out .................. Now I guess I'll have to buy a board and retrofit it into this thing.

Nah, many vendors were out there with single battery 21700's with 100 watts. You can 'punch' the watts to 100 on your 75C with the right battery and build. Of course your battery life will suffer more than it currently does. 

If the USB ports line up side by side, it's NOT just a board retrofit. Here's a photo of 2 identical mods and you'll notice the USB port on the right (100C) is lower.

75c_100c_SBS.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wayneo said:

If the USB ports line up side by side, it's NOT just a board retrofit. Here's a photo of 2 identical mods and you'll notice the USB port on the right (100C) is lower.

They are offset, it looks identical in difference between the two - the USB-C is lower.

6 minutes ago, CASCO said:

They are offset, it looks identical in difference between the two - the USB-C is lower.

Well if you wanna measure say from the middle of your bottom button to the middle of the USB port it should be 8.9mm (or that's what I figure from the engineering description at the bottom of this page) 

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/product/evolv-dna100c/