Lost Vape Hyperion DNA 100c wont fire at all on TC mode

PheebzVape

Hi

I am new to TC vaping, and was really interested in it. So I bought my Lost Vape Hyperion DNA 100C and a new RDTA Hell Vape Fat Rabbit.

I first set it up with an SS304, but discovered it doesnt have the material settings for it so used escribe to upload the material and setup a profile for it and it wont fire at all. Tried the Ni80 coils that came with the atty, but also had to download material, and still wont fire.

It fires on power mode though.

What am I missing? Please help. I only bought DNA to vape on TC mode. Thank you in advance for the help :)

EDIT: I get a message "Temp Protection" immidiately after firing.

Edited by PheebzVape

Hi,
how long have you been vaping and is this your first time trying TC vaping?
Have you watched any videos on DNA color mods and escribe?

Ni80 is not a TC material
It would be easier to start by using the 'Replay' profile and your SS304 coils where you'd just use the Replay profile on your mod, and no material file is required.

Any special reason you're so excited by TC.

Ohh.. Now I feel dumb testing Ni80 on TC. I guess I just assumed its TC coz of Ni200 😅 Sorry about that.

I was vaping many many years ago (had mech and drip atty back then) and quit, but had just started again last August. So I am kinda new again, I guess 😅 I have a SMOK Majesty mod kit which was my first kit since I started again. I was not happy with the atty it came with, and now on my 4th with Fat Rabbit. DNA100C is the 2nd mod I have, nothing special about TC. I guess just curiosity and I just want to experience TC coz I've read some review about it on flavor and stuff. And I chain vape and burns my wick fast. I read TC could help with that.

and now, I just want to make it work! 😅 my husband thinks I blew off a good amount of cash and I cant even make it work for what I bought it for, lol!

so I put SS304 again, made sure nothing is lose, ohm read correct, atomizer analyzer shows very little fluctuation. didnt work.

played around with the profile. lowered Preheat and Punch, and it worked!

I had Preheat on 70W and Punch on 5,  I copied those from SS316 factory profile, but I guess was too high. Now its 40W and 3. At least my worry about my MOD being defective isnt the problem. 😁

Thanks for the reply. 😊 

• Like 1

You should only ever need to measure the resistance of the cold (ambient temp) coil when you change to a different profile. Both Replay and TC should stop those burnt wicks.

If you want you could post a screenshot of your Profile using SS304. If you're all good, enjoy your mod.

• Like 2

Hi, First of all, welcome here. If I understand correctly, this is your first DNA mod and you have already used Escribe to make a change, have uploaded different material.

Have you copied all (!) Settings from the 316SS-factory-profile? Have you changed other things on the mod, e.g. B. the theme?

If you have changed the theme: before or after creating your "new" SS304 profile and which theme?

4 hours ago, CMK aka gwyar said:

Hi, First of all, welcome here. If I understand correctly, this is your first DNA mod and you have already used Escribe to make a change, have uploaded different material.

Have you copied all (!) Settings from the 316SS-factory-profile? Have you changed other things on the mod, e.g. B. the theme?

If you have changed the theme: before or after creating your "new" SS304 profile and which theme?

Thank you 😊

I have no custom theme. I did copy the factory SS316 profile with the exception of material, as I uploaded the SS304 material via Escribe.

I think my problem was my preheat+punch settings that would exceed the temperature I set. I just find it odd that it wont fire at all (Firing will show but almost instantly show Temp Protect). Like it doesnt seem to even heat up and already says it reached the temp limit. Just wasnt sure if thats how its supposed to be or its deffective 😅

I had now set the profile to use Temperature instead of Punch on Preheat settings, and made sure its lower than the temperature limit I set. And it now works great. 😊

Not sure if I like TC yet, but seeing my coil and cotton being cleaner as it used to when Im using Power mode, already makes me happy 😁 and Im loving the flavor im getting so far, but that could be from the new atty too. I have to try it out with my Kanthal wires and play around Replay profile as Wayneo suggested, but for now I am happy that I was able to use my SS coils without burning them fast.

If everything works now and you are satisfied, then everything is actually fine.

Without wanting to confuse you now (and therefore my question was about the theme) - if you are actually in preheat mode, the factory setting should take place as temperature and not as punch (I don't know that exactly anymore ...).

As a punch, however, there is no problem either, as the chipset dynamically adapts the punch to the target temperature in preheat mode; Punch 11 is ALWAYS slightly below the target temperature. (We're specifically talking about TC mode here). Theoretically, an "overshoot" can only occur due to a preheat output that is often too high, i.e. the maximum temperature is immediately overwritten before the chipset can regulate - which has not happened to me so far, because the time window of the preheat is much too short (okay, As an MTL steamer, I have never entered absurdly high numbers ...).

Personally, I only "know" the Temp-Protect message in connection with the annealing of the coil, if I have already selected the material but have not yet activated the TC mode. As soon as a temperature-sensitive material is selected, the chipset switches off with the error message "Temp Protect" - regardless of the explicit activation of the TC mode. So: Always anneal with the material "Watt".

(I hope it was reasonably understandable - everything is translated from German with Google)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CMK aka gwyar said:

Punch 11 is ALWAYS slightly below the target temperature. (We're specifically talking about TC mode here). Theoretically, an "overshoot" can only occur due to a preheat output that is often too high, i.e. the maximum temperature is immediately overwritten before the chipset can regulate

Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation 😊  

I got to play around with themes and created a new screen. Now I can clearly see your explanation about punch and how it works. Also added the parameter for Watt power which now I can set via the device which is awesome! 😁 I hated that I had to be on Escribe just to update the preheat power each time. Thank you for all your help! 🙂

Edited by PheebzVape

On 18.12.2021 at 12:54, PheebzVape said:

должен попробовать это с моими проводами Kanthal и поиграть с профилем Replay, как предлагал Уэйнео, 

Kanthal не будет работать в режиме Replay. Это не материал контроля температуры

печать.jpg

Ситуация, описанная в этом посте, очень похожа на то, что реальные физические характеристики провода не соответствуют кривой  которую загрузили в мод. Это иногда лечится корректировкой холодного сопротивления вручную (иногда нет). По этому моё ИМХО заключается в том, что возможность корректировать сопротивление катушки вручную есть осень полезная функция.

печать.jpg

Make sure you update the mod in eScribe just in case. When I got mine a couple months ago, the initial firmware in it had a bug where it kept "overheating" instantly about 75% of the time I would use it (there's a thread here on it as well). The 45.1 firmware that came out fixed it (and I learned that the Kayfun 5 Squared just sucks at TC).  

And on that note, make sure you grab the INT (International) version of eScribe too, not the US one. For some reason the 100c doesn't show up in the US version still, but with the INT version you can push firmware updates to it. 

Edited by Monotremata
  • Like 1