Compatible USB-C Charger For DNA 100 Color 3A Charging

GHammer

I have received the Hyperion and want to charge it via the USB port. I have zero USB-C chargers as I use wireless charging for my other devices.

I read some posts here and elsewhere that imply just any USB-C charger will not do.
I'll open a ticket with support and ask as well, post here when I get more info. Meantime, would this one do the trick?
Amazon Basics 65W One-Port GaN USB-C Wall Charger for Laptops, Tablets and Phones with Power Delivery - White (non-PPS)

• PD 3.0 (USB-C Port): 5V ⎓ 3A / 9V ⎓ 3A / 12V ⎓ 3A / 15V ⎓ 3A /20V ⎓ 3.25A (Up to 65W)
  • Includes: single-port GaN-tech wall charger, user manual, and Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty.
    Note: This charger supports fast charging (9V) and not super-fast charging for devices that require PPS (Programmable Power Supply) e.g. Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/S21/S21+/S21 Ultra/Note 10/Note 10+/Note 20/Note 20 Ultra, etc.

You can get 1.5A easily with most cables USB to USB C.

But for full 3A charging .......... From Copyman in this post. The entire post is good. https://bit.ly/3qAW2SD

'Problem found its solution. Charging with 3A requires a USB-C power adapter according to the PD standard and USB-C to USB-C cable. To clarify - not some adapter with USB-C, but just one that supports the full PPC protocol. The maximum current in this case for me became 2.72A'

Thanks, that's the post that caused my confusion. I'm guessing they meant PPS as I can find no reference to PPC protocol.

I'll go shop for a charger that is PPS compliant.

This is part of some useful reading I found.

USB Programmable Power Supply Applications
A common application requiring granular control of voltage and current, as offered by USB Programmable Power Supply, is the charging of batteries. In a conventional battery charger topology a voltage supply is applied to a battery charge control circuit and the output of the system provides the proper voltage and current to charge the battery. This works well when the battery charging voltage and current characteristics are standardized and thus the battery charging circuit can be a standard design. For applications where a customized voltage and current charging profile is required for the battery then a USB Programmable Power Supply may be a better solution. With a USB Programmable Power Supply power source the load will monitor the status of the battery and provide commands to the power source such that the battery is charged with the correct voltage and current profile.