Replay Limits?

Budgie

When you use Replay Mode, does it have an upper resistance level where it will not work? The reason I ask this is because I have an mtl rta with a coil value of 1.15ohms, and it does not allow me to “Save”, yet it does with the same rta with a 0.4ohm coil in. 

Does it work in TC? I have not seen or heard of any limit really with Replay, and I've never tried it that high. Can you describe that coil. Material, wraps, spaced or contact. If your 0.4Ω coil works, maybe the other has hotspots. If you use Device Monitor and click the 2 Ω boxes (live and cold) you should see the 'live' value rise above the cold.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies, the 1.15ohm coil is MTL Clapton Nichrome 80, six wraps not spaced, and the 0.4ohm coil is SS, six wraps non spaced. It’s weird because after I wrote the post, I was messing around with coils, and it seems anything up to 0.7ohms works fine in replay, but go above that, and I don’t get the Save option. The Nichrome 80 coil seemed to work fine in TC. Right now I’ve got the 0.7 in there working Replay mode fine, so I’ll check the resistances next time I change the coils. Thanks to you both for your help. 

23 minutes ago, Budgie said:

the 1.15ohm coil is MTL Clapton Nichrome 80

Nichrome 80 is NOT TC wire, so if it's working, you lucked out. But I wouldn't bet on it. You'll have much better success as you've found by sticking with SS, or some other proper TC capable material. 

1 minute ago, Wayneo said:
4 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Nichrome 80 is NOT TC wire, so if it's working, you lucked out. But I wouldn't bet on it. You'll have much better success as you've found by sticking with SS, or some other proper TC capable material. 

To be honest, and I apologise, I never tried it in TC for that long to be able to state it was working fine before I started trying other coils.  The MTL Clapton wire is the only non SS wire I have, so I think I’ll put it aside and just use the SS round 28ga wire Ive used to get the 0.7ohms I have now. It’s working fine in Replay, so I really can’t see the benefit of trying to get a higher resistance than I have right now. Your assistance is greatly appreciated, many Thanks.