Odin mini DNA75C Help

Hello everyone, im new at DNA chip's. 

For the 1st time on the past week, i've tested a DNA mod from a friend, which is a Thelema DNA250C. I put my tank on it ( a Bishop mtl ), and i've noticed a huge difference in kind of vapor and density, i was totally surprised ( i was with an aspire mixx at 16 watts, and i've tested on the thelema at 15wts, kanthal mode boost on, punch 5 ) 

So, i've decided to buy an DNA device this week. I bought an Odin mini 75c, since im only a mtl user, i dont need high wattages nor a dual batteries mod. But i was disappointed, since, with this mod, i've don't notice any diference comparing with my actual mod in kind of Vapor. At terms of stability, quality, configs, etc yes.... its a LOT better at everything.  

But i don't feel the same experience with the Odin mini 75c, that i feel with the Thelema, where i vape ant i feel a more dense vapor ( same tank, same liquid, same coil, everything equal). Same configurations on Odin atm.

So, i was a little disappointed, since, in terms of vapor, its lot similar to my actual aspire mixx, and my old aegis solo. I can even tell, that, to get the similar vapor on odin mini 75c, i have to go up in wattage. On aspire mixx or aegis i use at 16watts, on odin 75c with the same tank, i have to put at 19 watts to get similar ( weird ) - 0.85ohm Kanthal coil.

Can anyone, kind of explain me, why there is so much diference between the Odin 75C and Thelema ( remembering that im an mtl user, i only vape a low wattages usually 15/16wts max) or, maybe something i was not doing well on the Odin 75c? ( I've already tried many configs on escribe )  

I really appreciate, any kind of help. 

Thanks

Edited by jabmen
errors

The Thelema is a 200w device while the Odin Mini is a 75w device. The boost setting is going to act differently based on the maximum wattage of the device. Battery sag will also play a part in this too, since the device will throttle back power if the battery can't supply enough amperage (like when boosting). So those are two reasons that could be the cause.

Agora, BillW50 disse:

The Thelema is a 200w device while the Odin Mini is a 75w device. The boost setting is going to act differently based on the maximum wattage of the device. Battery sag will also play a part in this too, since the device will throttle back power if the battery can't supply enough amperage (like when boosting). So those are two reasons that could be the cause.

Oh thanks for your answer. Its makes sense since is a dual battery mod against 1 battery mod.

One Weird thing, I've exchange and applied the Lost Vape Mirage 75c software, on my Odin mini 75c, and looks like now, it acts different, more boosted, and a little more similiar to the experience that i have to the thelema.

Could this be a "faulty" software from dovpo on the Odin mini 75c software ?

I've download, and applied the the software from this forum: from EScribe > Settings > Lost Vape Mirage DNA 75C 1.0.0  from JasonVillamil user.

Basically, i've applied this, and changes everything on my Odin mini 75c. I don't know, if its safe to use, and/or if its only the theme and Settings like you said ( i'm new at DNA's ), but looks like, its working better now, although i can't assure, it can be just my impression.  

Yes, exactly that one 😄 

What I've don't understand, it's that why changes so much the way it vapes. Since i've tried many different configurations on the original Odin Mini 75c software on EScribe, without success. Comparing the Jason setting with the settings i had before, they are exactly the same.

When i've applied that software, it "boost" the mod, at the same watts, and same settings. I've noticed some improvements on the vape experience, even me, that i am an MTL vaper only. But like i said, could be just my impression.

Jason changed some manufacture settings like the Battery Analyzer, Cell Cutoff, Output current setting, etc. of which the manufacture should do. But most manufactures don't bother and just use the Evolv defaults. Which is a shame since they only have to do it once for every model. So people like Jason comes along and does it for them. The settings Jason changed should be the same or very close to the Odin Mini too.

1 minuto atrás, BillW50 disse:

Jason changed some manufacture settings like the Battery Analyzer, Cell Cutoff, Output current setting, etc. of which the manufacture should do. But most manufactures don't bother and just use the Evolv defaults. Which is a shame since they only have to do it once for every model. So people like Jason comes along and does it for them. The settings Jason changed should be the same or very close to the Odin Mini too.

Thanks for your answer and kindness! 😄

Yeah, it's a shame, because, the mod with this settings, has a lot of more potencial, and performance. 

Now i understand and i know, that it's possible to make the mod work better due to the settings applied. The vape performance increase substantially now. Im gonna learn more, and adjust the settings for optimal performance to my vape style on the EScribe ( I'm used to Volts/wts/Amp's, and the EScribe, seems me very easy)

Many thanks.

• Like 1

15 watts on ALL mods SHOULD feel the same.

All things being equal (between your Odin and the Thelema), the 'boost' will be the same for YOU. It does not matter 1 battery vs. 2 or even 4 for your specs.

There are many good youtube videos that explain the features of these boards.
Here are 2 screenshots for you with similar coils. One a lowly 75C, the other a 400watt capable 250C. Look at max power.

75C

image.thumb.png.30163f3dbf61addd46490c5c4f38e86d.png

250C

image.thumb.png.248454c453d639f07b630f4592a0cfda.png

I think it was just 'boost' not enabled initially.
Enjoy your mod. 👋

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, BillW50 said:

Careful Wayneo, people might get the wrong idea that batteries and manufacture settings doesn't matter.  😉

Only in bizzaro world could a person think that from what I wrote 🤣. I still think it was just 'boost' not enabled initially.

In this case I DO recommend the Evolv 'manufacturer'  defaults over those from a user created file,  that's not even a Dovpo product.
In all fairness I did post the Dovpo Mini 'default theme' last year, and after >350 downloads not a single comment or review noticing that their Ohms too low/high messages were backwards 🤣. Hey it's their default.

With all the tools available to end users I promote users to run their own for their setup. A quick search here shows at least 20+ times. 
image.thumb.png.33dcc5912db628995c8df5cb6952ac2a.png

😉

My Mirage DID NOT have the same internal resistance as Jason's in that file.
My 2 Paranormals DID NOT have the same internal resistance
My 2 Triades DID NOT have the same internal resistance

I check and set with my all shined up Copper tool before ever taking a puff. For every mod I own.
PS That red tool, available on Amazon is great for cleaning 510's. Fiberglass threading you snip off when dirty.

Copper tool.png

Bill,
there's a very trusted vendor that has created 4 free battery profiles available for anyone to download.
3 show a 0% battery life remaining at 2.95V
But 1 shows a 0% battery life remaining at 3.61V and it's been downloaded numerous times. I checked again just now. 🙃

Hmmm, nope. 🤔 There is very little to no sanity checking done these days by most IMHO. I'd run my own.