Jump to content

Check Atomiser


Pigsy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I recently bought a Prisma DNA 75c, i have downloaded the Evlolv replay theme on to it. My problem is once it has locked i unlock it and everytime it shows check atomiser from 2 to 5 times then it will fire and be ok until it locks again.

I have checked the atty is tight and tried other atties aswell but still does the same thing, I downloaded another theme to check it wasnt that and i am now stumped.

 

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Podunk Steam said:

Clearo atty? Coil material? Mod resistance set? Ohms read from a room temp mod and atty? Clean battery contacts?

 

The atty is a 24mm Dvarw  The coil is a MTL clapton all ni80 (pc coils) Sorry how would i find room temp for mod & atty ?

Battery contacts are all clean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Try using Atomizer Analyzer in EScribe to see if atty has a connection or not and post findings.

Will do this when i get home from work, should i do this before i fire the mod ? Sorry don't know how to post findings but will have a look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pigsy said:

should i do this before i fire the mod ? Sorry don't know how to post findings but will have a look.

Shouldn't matter with N80, but I'd do it before. Let us know if the ohms fluctuates, and how much. Did this always happen, since new?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wayneo said:

Shouldn't matter with N80, but I'd do it before. Let us know if the ohms fluctuates, and how much. Did this always happen, since new?

I thought it best to do it before as thats when the problem is. Yes this has happened from day one, only had it 6 weeks. Thought it maybe the theme so changed it as i wasn't keen on it anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

It is not meant to fix anything just info. 

Do this: Start Atomizer with no atty. Now start screwing in atty. 

Note how many turns or partial turns from where Atomizer Analyzer starts reading ohms till it's screwed in all the way.

It goes in one full turn then starts reading ohms, reads 1.2 ohms and all the way in it reads 1.076 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pigsy said:

I don't have replay turned on in escribe for that profile !

Your first post mentions Replay.

On 10/27/2020 at 2:05 PM, Pigsy said:

I recently bought a Prisma DNA 75c, i have downloaded the Evlolv replay theme on to it. My problem is once it has locked i unlock it and everytime it shows check atomiser from 2 to 5 times then it will fire and be ok until it locks again.

I have checked the atty is tight and tried other atties aswell but still does the same thing, I downloaded another theme to check it wasnt that and i am now stumped.

 

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Earlier I mentioned room temperature. Your atty and mod should be at room temperature when reading the ohms resistance for the first time the atomizer is connected to the mod. 

Edited by Podunk Steam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pigsy said:

Yes i dowloaded the theme so i had replay if i wanted to use it but in the watts profile i use for n80 i disable replay, Sorry for the confusion will edit post. 

No worries, with so many variables I try to take in all information.

My best guess at this point would be a cold or incorrect solder joint. I'm not familiar with this particular mod and its construction as to be able to look at the solder work done. As well as making sure your coil connections are firmly fastened may avoid looking into the mod itself. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Podunk Steam said:

No worries, with so many variables I try to take in all information.

My best guess at this point would be a cold or incorrect solder joint. I'm not familiar with this particular mod and its construction as to be able to look at the solder work done. As well as making sure your coil connections are firmly fastened may avoid looking into the mod itself. 

Im not the best person to be able to explain a problem and should of put in more information, i have heard of a cold solder joint in the past, hoping its not that. 
i have attached a picture ( hopefully it works) of the mod. Shame because its a great mod. Thank-you for your time 😊

C0291407-B97A-4676-AE09-C50C68A7D769.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pigsy said:

Im not the best person to be able to explain a problem and should of put in more information, i have heard of a cold solder joint in the past, hoping its not that. 
i have attached a picture ( hopefully it works) of the mod. Shame because its a great mod. Thank-you for your time 😊

C0291407-B97A-4676-AE09-C50C68A7D769.webp 5.13 kB · 2 downloads

I didn't read into the thread but it may help you being it states resistance issues. I'm familiar with the look of these mods and it's a subjective thing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...