Paranormal Fire button works, but not when Smok tank is attached

mallen108

I'm really confused...

I've been using this mod for months and it's always worked well. Recently the button stopped working so I bought a cheap mod to get me by until I figured it out. I took it out today to do some diagnostics on it. I realized that if the tank is off the fire button works like normal. But once the tank is attached, it acts as if the fire button doesn't work.  I started screwing in old tanks and it's the same for all of them.

I downloaded EScribe and restored defaults/updated firmware.

I opened up device monitor and I'm able to fire it using the software, but that's the only way to do it.

Also, if I bump the fire button on EScribe while holding down the button on the device, it will keep firing until I remove my finger from the vape.

Any ideas?

What mod, what tank?
I realized that if the tank is off the fire button works like normal <- So the coil and connection are still attached, but no glass or ejuice?
I started screwing in old tanks and it's the same for all of them. <- Is any error displayed on the mod?

The more descriptive you are about the problem, helps in our understanding of the issue. Welcome.

By the tank being off I mean the entire thing is unscrewed and it's just the mod. And without a tank attached the fire button does work. I can unlock it and turn it on with it, but as soon as I screw a tank onto it the button goes dead.

Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250c with a Valyrian 2 tank. I'm getting no error messages on this tank, or another just like it, a Smok Prince, and Smok Baby Prince. I can hit all of them using Device Monitor in EScribe with this mod. The confusing part is if I'm holding down the fire button and single click "fire" on EScribe's Device Monitor, it will continue to hit until I let go of my fire button on my actual vape.

Super confused and I don't understand what's going on.

I can send logs from EScribe if needed.

Smok were notorious for having long 510 pins (crushing or shorting wires below), and if even if your mod is repaired, (if that's the issue) it could happen again. I'd suggest you open a Help Desk ticket for an RMA. Link in my signature line.

I have with no luck. The tank must not be the issue. I'm guessing there's a safety switch that isn't letting the button fire but maybe EScribe works around it? Because if I'm connected to EScribe I can hit the vape thru the software. So the wiring should be fine, it's just the button decides to not work while a tank is attached.

I put in a help desk ticket. Thanks.

Edited by mallen108