Trouble need help - Check Battery

On 5/3/2020 at 9:20 PM, paulie bee said:

I just got a odin dna 250.  put multiple batteries in it and get check battery sign on my screen what do I do. new to dna mods mostly unreg devices I use

Hi there, I too am new to DNA devices, however I've learned that certainly with the DNA 250c, you need to set the date and time first before you can do anything.  If you haven't done this, it is probably easier to do via eScribe as it will sync with your Windows clock

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with new CENTAURUS mod (Lost Vape).

I have tried to change several pairs of  new fully charge baterray, but still not working. The mod always read 4% even with freshly full bateray.

After switching several set of baterray, I put back the first set that I tried earlier. Then finally it read 97%.

However after 100 puff or so, the "CHECKED BATTERAY" Error  show up again.

My question, is this error caused by software that was not setup properly or  mechanical fault on the mod ?

I'm going to respond to this but it probably isn't going to do you folks any good as they need to be returned. But I will tell you how to figure out what's most likely at fault. Connect you mod to EScribe and make sure it's set for 2 cell operation. Go to Device Monitor and check the voltage of cells 1 & 2, if one of them is higher than 4.2 volts and the other is real low then the battery management chip has gone south. 

Then if no cells are above 4.2 volts,

The voltages are read from the balance tap at the bottom of the board. Most likely the connections to them is poor for what ever reason.

So the problem could be with the battery sled wiring, see image,

Since these are new they need to be returned where purchased. If that proves too difficult open a ticket with Evolv, perhaps they can help with it.

2 cell wiring.PNG

Check under the battery door, look at that small connection between the cells that makes when the battery door closes, that is the connection to tap #1....might be a problem there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, harrynice said:

@Mich I just got a Centaurus today and have the same issue - fully charged batteries but have the check battery warning & they are showing at 4%.

Did you manage to resolve?

As dwcrai1 suggest, I returned the mod to the shop and get a new replacement (unfortunately they don't have the colour that I want, so I just got whatever they have in stock}.

@ dwcraig1

thank you for your thorough explanation and suggestions.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Mich said:

I have the same problem with new CENTAURUS mod (Lost Vape).

I have tried to change several pairs of  new fully charge baterray, but still not working. The mod always read 4% even with freshly full bateray.

After switching several set of baterray, I put back the first set that I tried earlier. Then finally it read 97%.

However after 100 puff or so, the "CHECKED BATTERAY" Error  show up again.

My question, is this error caused by software that was not setup properly or  mechanical fault on the mod ?

Exactly same thing has been happening to my Paranormal mod for the last year, so annoying, purchasing this device in Australia, getting the actual one I wanted was fairly expensive, to date my most expensive mod, however because I like DNA boards I purchased a Centaurus, because of above problem, I should of sent Paranormal to Evolv but being in Australia put me off, posting to America and back during pandemic, especially as it did keep working now and then, I will try last posts suggestion of turning off usb charging through Escibe but as this is an intermittent issue I may not know if successful for a while, however I will post my findings.