Preheat/Boost with temp sensing Material w/o temp protect

Hey folks,

i'm busy creating a custom dna250c theme where profiles of temp sensing materials have the option to disable temp protection  to use them in powermode, but still be able to read out coil temperature. already implemented, works as intended. The problem i encountered some hours ago and didn't find any info nor solutions for is the application of boost/preheat-functionality:

With the described setup ( temp sensing material and temp protect disabled) the dna250c  gives positive feedback, that the coil can preheat. but the preheat settings are obviously not applied, the dna jumps directly to the set coil power. The Can Boost value returns false, checked if the Boost parameters would be applied anyhow -> the dna jumps right to the set coil power.

So far it makes me conclude the following:

- Having a temp sensing material selected sets the Can Boost Flag to Zero, and therefore makes Boost not applicable

- Having a temp sensing material selected sets the Can Preheat Flag to One, but disabling Temp Protect does disable the Preheat functionality.

I hoped it would be possible to even have the option to either use Boost or Preheat, but it seems to me that both are not working in that setup. Can anybody confirm my observations or even better disprove them? 

(And ya i know i could simply make a watt-profile for a Temp Sensing Material and ditch the Temp Read Out or simply set Temp Limit to Max Temp to archieve something similiar, but i hate it when things are theoretically capable of a specific function and the only way to make them practically applicable are workarounds)

Насколько я правильно понимаю переведенный текст, Вы рассуждаете почти правильно, но в своем вопросе противоречите сами себе. Если при отключении температурной защиты мод переходит в режим мощности (игнорирует температуру катушки), то как можно требовать от него режим предварительного нагрева ( предварительный нагрев основан на  поддержании повышенной температуры катушки в первую секунду работы). Отображение температуры катушки при этом чисто информативная функция. В вашем случае, можно попробовать использовать предварительный нагрев по мощности

image.thumb.png.5958fb1c65f1224891e602373d03dcbe.png

Удачи, прошу прощения, но я не знаю английский.

Печать.jpg

Anything to do with 'Preheat' Means you're using a  'Temp Sensing' material in TC
You can only 'boost punch' a non Temp Sensing material. You can only 'preheat' a Temp Sensing material.

If you already have TC working fine (temp readout) what benefits do you think Replay would add?

Not been speaking about Replay. Or did you mean Preheat?

Its just that a profile with a temp sensing material with temp protect disabled seems to have no way of boost/preheat-functionality. I actually dont care if its a watt boost or a temp based preheat. I just want the possibility to add any kind of ramp up acceleration without having to select a non temp sensing material.

The reason for this is that i do use power mode with ss-coils from time to time and still like to be able to observe temp stats.

Edited by drZunamu
additional info

32 minutes ago, drZunamu said:

Not been speaking about Replay. Or did you mean Preheat?

No, I meant preheat as written. My bad about Replay

9 hours ago, drZunamu said:

(And ya i know i could simply make a watt-profile for a Temp Sensing Material and ditch the Temp Read Out or simply set Temp Limit to Max Temp to archieve something similiar, but i hate it when things are theoretically capable of a specific function and the only way to make them practically applicable are workarounds)

Then yes, do either of those. Probably the second if you want to see the temp. The 600F max appears to be an industry safety norm. Make sure your Preheat Power is greater than your 'settings' 'power', then 'Punch' is 1-11, or by temp as to where those settings drop/stop using the 'preheat' values. I think that gives you what you want with no workaround. 

• Like 1