How to keep the battery efficient?

Backdoor

Hi all,

Years ago i bought a vtbox dna 250 but one day i decided to don't use it anymore and i put it away with the battery low. After few months i've picked it up again and the dispay showed the message "weak battery" and i couldn't charge it. Now i bought a Tuglyfe DNA 250 and my question is: how to avoid this iusse (weak battery)? How can i set escribe to don't full discharge (or overcharge) the battery? 

Simple answer is to periodically charge the device.  When not in use a very small amount of current still flows and after long period of non-use the battery is discharged to a level that the on-board charger will not activate.  Key is to fully charge before putting the device in mothballs and top off the charge every 4 to 5 months..... another option is if you can unplug a fully charged battery pack (depends on design of the device).

@Backdoor That vtbox dna 250 uses a LiPo battery, doesn't it?
If the cell voltages are out of balance, a recovery charge might work. If you look in Device Monitor it will show the individual cell voltages. A 'weak battery' says one or more cells is triggering that warning. If you find any below 2V, you should recycle that LiPo