Wotofo Profile RDA with OFRF Nexmesh SS316L

leeewo

Hi everyone. I've just acquired a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C having previously used an Innokin Proton exclusively. On my Proton I was getting great flavour from TCR mode at 60w and 390°F. However, on the Paranormal I'm getting nothing out of those settings on SS316 mode; I have to use at least 75w and 550°F to get anything close to what I'm used to. Preheat is on and punch is set at 7. I'm using a Wotofo Profile RDA with Nexmesh SS316L strips. Any idea what's going on? The resistance is measuring at similar levels on both mods. One thing I did notice was that the centre pin on the Paranormal looks a bit scuffed up (see pic). Could this be the issue? Any insight from y'all would be much appreciated.

IMG_20190727_214922.jpg

Thanks for that. I don't have any mesh attys. In general, your preheat settings look fine. If it's now working fine, then leave it off.

BTW, you have 2 material types for SS316, the one you posted was for straight 316, and this profile's using the 'L' variant. All's good, just pointing that out.

52 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Thanks for that. I don't have any mesh attys. In general, your preheat settings look fine. If it's now working fine, then leave it off.

BTW, you have 2 material types for SS316, the one you posted was for straight 316, and this profile's using the 'L' variant. All's good, just pointing that out.

Yeah that was me attempting to troubleshoot. I downloaded the CSV from steam engine for SS316L. Tried it on both. No difference tbh. So why would preheat make such a difference? Thanks for the help btw.

Straight up ....... I honestly don't know. And I won't know until I get one to test it out. If that's what it took for you, I'm not gonna argue :relaxed:.

Do you mind posting a full printscreen of Device Monitor while firing? Over on the left, tick (enable) Power, cold ohms, live ohms. 

Turns out it wasn't the preheat that was the issue. It was the mod measuring the resistance differently. When the mesh strip is first inserted into the RDA/mod it measures it as 0.16 and performs poorly but after firing it a couple times and measuring again it registers at 0.17 and performs much better with it set as that. I thought the pre heat was the issue because I turned that off the same time I measured the coil. 

Bet y'all love dealing with beginners, huh? 😂

9 часов назад, leeewo сказал:

When the mesh strip is first inserted into the RDA/mod it measures it as 0.16 and performs poorly but after firing it a couple times and measuring again it registers at 0.17 and performs much better with it set as that

При использовании сетки из 316L очень часто приходится корректировать сопротивление катушки вручную. Мне кажется это связано с тем, что катушка из сетки имеет большое количество точек электрического контакта и для того чтобы эти точки приобрели стабильное соединение необходимо провести несколько выстрелов. При этом конечное сопротивление катушки может сильно отличаться от табличных значений, а алгоритм Evolv слишком чувствителен к малейшим отклонениям от CSV (измеряемые отклонения +/- 0,0001 Ом). В этом случае можно пойти по двум направлениям:

1. Корректировать холодное сопротивление вручную (шаг регулировки 0,0003 Ом). Так же я иногда использую корректировку Cold coil temperature

2.  Использовать режим Реплей (в этом режиме мод не использует CSV)

P. S. 

Предварительный нагрев скорее всего не виноват в том, что Вы не можете получить знакомые ощущения (как на другом моде), чип DNA использует более совершенные и профессиональные  настройки TC, поэтому, если Вы решили использовать этот продукт, то будьте готовы потратить больше времени на настройки, но получить при этом   идеальный вкус!

Печать.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 2:01 PM, leeewo said:

Turns out it wasn't the preheat that was the issue. It was the mod measuring the resistance differently. When the mesh strip is first inserted into the RDA/mod it measures it as 0.16 and performs poorly but after firing it a couple times and measuring again it registers at 0.17 and performs much better with it set as that. I thought the pre heat was the issue because I turned that off the same time I measured the coil. 

Bet y'all love dealing with beginners, huh? 😂

Bruh...SS316 and other TC wires have a higher resistance when heated; this how we get temp control! So of course the resistance changes when you hit it a few times and remeasure the ohms!🤯 wait were you joking?! Please tell me you were joking

1 minute ago, Pphish said:

Bruh...SS316 and other TC wires have a higher resistance when heated; this how we get temp control! So of course the resistance changes when you hit it a few times and remeasure the ohms!🤯 wait were you joking?! Please tell me you were joking

Wish I was haha. You're just jealous that I'm still getting all the enjoyment out of learning new things 😗 Although that wasn't my point. I was saying that when I measure the coil at room temp and keep it set as that resistance the performance is kak; but after firing it a couple of times and remeasuring and setting the coil whilst the resistance is higher then it performs as it should.