DNA250C Paranormal Stuck in 'Powerbank' mode

Oranges

Hello, 
Have a 1 week old paranormal 250c, updated to latest escribe, and installed a custom theme. Worked fine for a couple of days, then suddenly I couldn't charge it via USB anymore, couldn't connect it to PC (doesnt get recognized by PC) . Odd thing is it's stuck in 'powerbank' mode, and drains my battery overnight! 

So now I have to charge my batteries externally and deal with the battery drain! 

Any idea how to reset to factory defaults, or turn powerbank mode off in the mod? 

Odd how this is happening, my other 250c paranormal had no issues and it's been a year+ . 

Contacted evolv support, but apparently they mentioned shipping charges will cost a lot, from Malaysia to the States, and will not bother servicing. 

You changed to a different theme. Look thru the various screens of the theme for a screen with battery functions/settings/or etc. Is there a screen for battery settings?  Is there a setting for Battery-Discharging(Power Bank)?  If batteries drop below a certain level the charging circuit won't operate.

9 hours ago, retird said:

You changed to a different theme. Look thru the various screens of the theme for a screen with battery functions/settings/or etc. Is there a screen for battery settings?  Is there a setting for Battery-Discharging(Power Bank)?  If batteries drop below a certain level the charging circuit won't operate.

Battery level is at 7% now, and it's still charging whatever device i plug it into. 

9 hours ago, retird said:

Maybe you could see if the device will connect to EScribe when the batteries are absent.  If so go to the proper place in EScribe and change setting from Power Bank and upload.  

Tried removing the batteries and connecting it to the PC, however, I think DNA250C chips dont work with the absence of batteries. Unlike the DNA200 lineups :( 

I've pretty much exhausted all my options but to deal with it on my own :( . Local retailer will not honor the warranty since its a 'modded' mod, since I changed the theme, ridiculous. 

With the batteries removed try connecting to EScribe with different "data/charge" USB cables if you haven't already done that.. just ruling out a possibility.

Did you find a screen in the theme on the device to change (turn off) discharging power bank?? My theme has a screen called USB and I can turn it on/off and can set it to auto detect or connected. My theme is not the default theme either...

From the 250C data sheet it says:

USB On-The-Go The DNA 250C supports USB On-The-Go. An OTG adapter may be plugged into the Micro USB port on the device to charge any other device capable of charging via USB. By default OTG charging must be toggled on manually from the device. OTG charging can be configured to begin automatically using the Power Bank option in EScribe on the Display tab. OTG charging will not over-drain the DNA 250C.

• Like 2

1 час назад, Oranges сказал:

Попытался извлечь батареи и подключить его к ПК, однако, я думаю, что чипы DNA250C не работают с отсутствием батарей. В отличие от модельного ряда DNA200

плата DNA250C работает без батарей, значит Ваша проблема а кабеле или в разъёме. Разрядка мода через кабель возможна только с помощью OTG adapter в котором замкнута масса и провод "-", послушайтесь Retird и замените кабель.

Печать.jpg

• Like 1

I decided to give it another go, and went to buy another cable, 

Surprisingly your right! it loads right up without the batteries! How odd, even the original lostvape cable didn't work for me. 

Cheers to that! If only you know how grateful I am for the advice! Spent countless hours troubleshooting, even taking it apart to check for any hardware faults. 

Odd how the cable was able to update and charge it, suddenly stopped working for that particular mod. 

Will update here once i've set it all up and test the 'powerbank glitch' again :) 

1 hour ago, retird said:

With the batteries removed try connecting to EScribe with different "data/charge" USB cables if you haven't already done that.. just ruling out a possibility.

Did you find a screen in the theme on the device to change (turn off) discharging power bank?? My theme has a screen called USB and I can turn it on/off and can set it to auto detect or connected. My theme is not the default theme either...

From the 250C data sheet it says:

USB On-The-Go The DNA 250C supports USB On-The-Go. An OTG adapter may be plugged into the Micro USB port on the device to charge any other device capable of charging via USB. By default OTG charging must be toggled on manually from the device. OTG charging can be configured to begin automatically using the Power Bank option in EScribe on the Display tab. OTG charging will not over-drain the DNA 250C.

55 minutes ago, zark said:

плата DNA250C работает без батарей, значит Ваша проблема а кабеле или в разъёме. Разрядка мода через кабель возможна только с помощью OTG adapter в котором замкнута масса и провод "-", послушайтесь Retird и замените кабель.

Печать.jpg

• Like 1

THX.... that is a theme I have used, and still use, on a couple 75C devices. Have had no issues with it.  I use another of his themes on my 250 C 4 cell device.  We actually worked together on the theme used on my 250C... he did the design, built the theme, and I helped test and offer suggestions on what features I would like to see in a theme.  

4 hours ago, retird said:

THX.... that is a theme I have used, and still use, on a couple 75C devices. Have had no issues with it.  I use another of his themes on my 250 C 4 cell device.  We actually worked together on the theme used on my 250C... he did the design, built the theme, and I helped test and offer suggestions on what features I would like to see in a theme.  

Excellent theme! By far the most convenient and feature-full ;) . Never had an issue until a couple days ago, where I hoped there was a button to turn off the powerbank mode.. But all's well now, mod is working fine, but for some odd reason the LCD is blurry.. like it's lost contrast . Will open it up again and figure out whats wrong.