Need help with a dead 250

Llittle_Llama

I bought a custom mod about a year ago. It worked perfectly until one day it just wouldn't turn on. I bought another battery (lipo) for it and nothing changed. I know its a real chip, I got the COA with it and it came from a reputable maker (I'll get the name later tonight). I emailed them and they were of no help (so maybe not that great of a maker?). Is there someone that could help me, I can't solder to save my life and I've never messed with a chip/lipo before. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I want to use this awesome mod again! I am a hobbyist on a budget and this was  by far the most expensive mod I've ever bought. 

Thanks in advance!

I've never used escribe before, so it's all new to me. The battery is showing not charged, but nothing happens when I plug it in to charge it. It won't come on, and the screen stays blank. Can it be turned on when charging, I would assume so but I feel I need to ask. The mods acts fine when plugged into my Macbook with the exception of the screen being dark. Also, the screen has become super dim since this started happening. When I hit the "Fire" button on escribe the screen says "Check Battery"

Ok, this is what I ended up with:

1948497053_ScreenShot2019-04-03at9_40_10PM.thumb.png.92025d24f7e1e5f6a4b531f0c16925e5.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.40.14 PM.png

Edited by Llittle_Llama

From what I see here your problem appears to be an unbalanced battery. That will stop the mod from firing as well as stop it from charging.

In EScribe under the "Tools" tab /Diagnostics there is an option called "USB Recovery Charging", this allows the charging to start again and tries to balance the pack. It's a very slow process and may need to be started several times.

The mod can be used while charging but it simply stops charging and switches to battery for the puff.

This is really frustrating trying to both fix something and learn a new software at the same time. It has to be even worse for you since you're trying to do the same thing as me but online and not in your hands. I really appreciate the help, and honestly feel like I'm almost there! If I had that Tools tab I think I would be good by now 😕

• 2 weeks later...

So GREAT news! I got my mod back yesterday from Evolv and it now works! Shout out to Evolv Customer Service, it makes what I'm about to ask more understandable:

I'm not super happy with the way the lipo sits in the box. It either rattles just a tiny bit or it pushes against the door. It's very slight but enough for me to hate it and not want to use it when I have literally 50 other mods. Is this box/mod actually worth what it sells for? Could I sell this box and keep the chip, or would I need to sell it whole?

After how things went with fixing this I really really want to have 1-2 DNA mods to switch back and fourth between. I want to try my hand at "making" one, but a normal pre-made box would be nice as well. I would like to get rid of this one to supplement buying the other 2, but don't know if it's worth it or not. I'll probably order a chip today or tomorrow and a box kit so I can "replace" this one for now. I'll definitely want to keep this one until I have a nice DNA to use :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evolv's customer service is the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned. I bought a brand new Lost Vape EfusionDNA 200 3 years ago, and when the board went south a year later, Evolv replaced it at no charge. When the second board went south a couple weeks ago, it technically was not under warranty because it was an RMAd replacement. Filed an RMA and offered to pay for it, since I thought that was going to be the case. Evolv not only replaced it for free, but upgraded me to a DNA 250 at no charge!

ALL my mods will be DNA all the way from here on out because of their great customer service. They stand firm in their products and service!

If your lipo is loose inside the mod, just use some foam tape to snug it up inside the case.

Edited by Buzzkiller
  • Like 2