Best pg vg ratio for both coils

Monir

i wouldnt say this isnt a matter of what coils suit what ratio mix of juice but its subject of taste usually more VG would be less flavour but produces more cloud , that's why most juice is made 70 / VG - 30/PG this ratio seem to be a sweet spot for flavour and cloud production - remember the more PG you have carries the flavour better but also gives you a harsher throat hit .. what wattage or coil is nearly irrelevant but in my experience if you want a very clean sort of pure taste i would try stainless steel 316L or some say 317L the resistance is down to yourself - i normally vape between 40 to 65 watts on dual stainless steel round about  0.2 to 0.25ohm - nichrome wire is also another i use 

Edited by formula 1

4 hours ago, formula 1 said:

i wouldnt say this isnt a matter of what coils suit what ratio mix of juice but its subject of taste usually more VG would be less flavour but produces more cloud , that's why most juice is made 70 / VG - 30/PG this ratio seem to be a sweet spot for flavour and cloud production - remember the more PG you have carries the flavour better but also gives you a harsher throat hit .. what wattage or coil is nearly irrelevant but in my experience if you want a very clean sort of pure taste i would try stainless steel 316L or some say 317L the resistance is down to yourself - i normally vape between 40 to 65 watts on dual stainless steel round about  0.2 to 0.25ohm - nichrome wire is also another i use 

Thanks alot

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:56 PM, Monir said:

Can you please help and share your experience 

Which pg vg ration do i used if i am using free base nicotine 12 mg on both orion dna coils the 0hm 0.25 and 0.5 ohm?is it ok to use the 70 pg and 30 vg ?

Thanks alot

THE FORMULA DESCRIBED ABOVE DOESN"T SEEM TO APPLY TO YOUR ORION QUESTION. 

IN A NUTSHELL, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE A 50/50 E-LIQUID OF WHATEVER STRENGTH YOU LIKE. 

• I OWN 5 ORIONS AND HAVE BEEN ROTATING THEM SINCE LATE OCTOBER IF MEMORY SERVES.
  • We don't have options on what metal are pods are made with. Lost Vape has made that decisions for us. We can only program the wattage, up to a max of 40.  I never go beyond 20 + boost. 
  • Lost Vape suggests in the owners manual that freebase nicotine should be used with the 0.25 ohm coil and that nic salts can be used in the 05 ohm coils (as well as the new Q coils). In truth, nic salts can be used in the 0.25 ohm but I wouldn't go higher than 35 mg niece salts as 50 gives you a buzz. it's your decision wha mg and which nicotine you use in any of their pods.
  • VG/PG RATIO IS A GREAT QUESTION & WARRANTS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF A FEW FACTORS. 
  • E-liquid is the combination of 3 or 4 things.  Flavored adult lube is almost identical in composition (vegetable glycerin, flavorings & corn starch).
  1. nicotine  - in either a pg or vg base
  2. flavorings - in a pg base (most common)
  3. PG - or not for Max VG e-liquids
  4. VG -  smooth and tasty enough to vape by itself if the vapocaplyse comes and I could only bring 1 thing. After a few years you may be down to 0 or 3 mg and still want to enjoy the pleasures of vaping. This is the stuff to go with, its the stuff to clear your tank between flavors now (go buy some), the same stuff my Mom puts in her salads & teas. 

YOUR NICOTINE and Flavor content:

• Your 12 mg nicotine is a freebase e-liquid.  Good level. WHERE DID YOU START AT? WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE? 
  • In the Orion you are good to go with freebase in any of their pods and while 70/30 works, 60/40 or 50/50 works better.
  • If you aren't familiar with the differences between freebase and nic salts I suggest you do more research to better understand it.
  • I'm not a chemist, but have been making my own e-liquid well over a year now.  I make them with both types of nicotine. Nic salts require a higher percentage of flavoring and usually have a higher nicotine content that freebase nicotine e-liquids.  Example:
  1.  If I make 100ml of a strawberry pineapple cream like Illuminati tastes, the freebase version might include 10ml PG based flavorings (4 in all), 20ml pure PG, 12 ml VG based nic (100mg/ml), 18 ml Kosher VG resulting in a 70/30 e-liquid good for any Subohm tank.
  2. The same flavor profile for a nic salt version might include 16ml PG based flavorings, 34ml Pure VG, 35ml VG nic salts & 15ml VG for a 50/50 e-liquid designed for a pod like the Orion, the Nord, the Breeze II and others.
  • DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE BIG NUMBERS. Many people who used pod systems like the Juul when transitioning switched from that 50mg nic salt directly to a 6mg freebase easily... once they became quit from  smoking. You can go back and forth. The nic level should be matched for the device you are using. 
  • I would suggest you try a 24mg nic salt  like Time Bomb or Yami's Taruto 35mg salt nic which are both a 50/50 ratio. As are Dinner Lady, Naked 100 and Vaptesia nic salt lines. You will find with nic salts you take less puffs and yet feel very satisfied.
  • From my experience the coils will give you the best lifecycle at 50/50 too.

THE VG/PG RATIO:

• Yes VG can produce a larger cloud, but wattage limits that top a certain extent. The VG/PG ratio plays an important factor in wicking.
  • With my Orions 70/30 has required I regularly take a 'wicking pull' to get e-liquid into the chimney side of the pod/ it burns out my pod within 2 weeks (vs 5-6). 
  • 70VG/30PG is fairly thick (did you reverse pg/vg in your question). Higher VG adds a thicker viscosity to your e-liquid. This means you must allow more time for your wick to saturate and keep up with your coils. 
  • Yes PG carries flavor better, in the short run. Flavors do oxidize in the VG well given a longer steep time. Its all about the oxidation process.
  • Years ago 60PG/40VG & higher was commonplace. Then 50/50 emerged reigning until 2014 (?) when 70VG/30PG and Max VG became more readily available.
  • At the same time nic salts hit the market in 2014. 
  • Some people have an allergy to PG. PG by itself doesn't taste great and many e-liquids include more sweetener to offset this. VG on the other hand has a pleasant sweet taste on its own so less is added. Sweetener can have a negative effect on your coil life. While 70/30 is what you see most e-liquids at, I believe some like Beard use 60VG/40PG for their freebase nicotine line. You might want to try that next.  I don't notice a big difference from what parent company Charlies Chalk Dust offers in 70/30 for flavor. I think 60/40 works well for people who use mid range wattage and ohms. 
  • NIC SALTS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS MADE AT 50/50 & THESE E-LIQUIDS WERE REALLY DESIGNED FOR USE IN POD SYSTEMS EXCLUSIVELY. SIMILARLY MANY POD SYSTEMS WERE DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH NIC SALTS. You should never use them above 25 Watts or in an rda. 
  • You are more likely to burn your cotton/get a dry hit in the Orion with 70/30 e-quids. 
  • Don't worry about the clouds but be considerate of those around you when you vape.

VAPING SAVES LIVES AND YOU ARE HELPING.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrphilip said:

IN A NUTSHELL, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE A 50/50 E-LIQUID OF WHATEVER STRENGTH YOU LIKE. 

• I OWN 5 ORIONS AND HAVE BEEN ROTATING THEM SINCE LATE OCTOBER IF MEMORY SERVES.
  • We don't have options on what metal are pods are made with. Lost Vape has made that decisions for us. We can only program the wattage, up to a max of 40.  I never go beyond 20 + boost. 
  • Lost Vape suggests in the owners manual that freebase nicotine should be used with the 0.25 ohm coil and that nic salts can be used in the 05 ohm coils (as well as the new Q coils). In truth, nic salts can be used in the 0.25 ohm but I wouldn't go higher than 35 mg niece salts as 50 gives you a buzz. it's your decision wha mg and which nicotine you use in any of their pods.
  • VG/PG RATIO IS A GREAT QUESTION & WARRANTS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF A FEW FACTORS. 
  • E-liquid is the combination of 3 or 4 things.  Flavored adult lube is almost identical in composition (vegetable glycerin, flavorings & corn starch).
  4. VG -  smooth and tasty enough to vape by itself if the vapocaplyse comes and I could only bring 1 thing. After a few years you may be down to 0 or 3 mg and still want to enjoy the pleasures of vaping. This is the stuff to go with, its the stuff to clear your tank between flavors now (go buy some), the same stuff my Mom puts in her salads & teas. 

• Your 12 mg nicotine is a freebase e-liquid.  Good level. WHERE DID YOU START AT? WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE? 
  • In the Orion you are good to go with freebase in any of their pods and while 70/30 works, 60/40 or 50/50 works better.
  • If you aren't familiar with the differences between freebase and nic salts I suggest you do more research to better understand it.
  • I'm not a chemist, but have been making my own e-liquid well over a year now.  I make them with both types of nicotine. Nic salts require a higher percentage of flavoring and usually have a higher nicotine content that freebase nicotine e-liquids.  Example:
  1.  If I make 100ml of a strawberry pineapple cream like Illuminati tastes, the freebase version might include 10ml PG based flavorings (4 in all), 20ml pure PG, 12 ml VG based nic (100mg/ml), 18 ml Kosher VG resulting in a 70/30 e-liquid good for any Subohm tank.
  2. The same flavor profile for a nic salt version might include 16ml PG based flavorings, 34ml Pure VG, 35ml VG nic salts & 15ml VG for a 50/50 e-liquid designed for a pod like the Orion, the Nord, the Breeze II and others.
  • DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE BIG NUMBERS. Many people who used pod systems like the Juul when transitioning switched from that 50mg nic salt directly to a 6mg freebase easily... once they became quit from  smoking. You can go back and forth. The nic level should be matched for the device you are using. 
  • I would suggest you try a 24mg nic salt  like Time Bomb or Yami's Taruto 35mg salt nic which are both a 50/50 ratio. As are Dinner Lady, Naked 100 and Vaptesia nic salt lines. You will find with nic salts you take less puffs and yet feel very satisfied.

THE VG/PG RATIO:

• Yes VG can produce a larger cloud, but wattage limits that top a certain extent. The VG/PG ratio plays an important factor in wicking.
  • With my Orions 70/30 has required I regularly take a 'wicking pull' to get e-liquid into the chimney side of the pod/ it burns out my pod within 2 weeks (vs 5-6). 
  • 70VG/30PG is fairly thick (did you reverse pg/vg in your question). Higher VG adds a thicker viscosity to your e-liquid. This means you must allow more time for your wick to saturate and keep up with your coils. 
  • Yes PG carries flavor better, in the short run. Flavors do oxidize in the VG well given a longer steep time. Its all about the oxidation process.
  • Years ago 60PG/40VG & higher was commonplace. Then 50/50 emerged reigning until 2014 (?) when 70VG/30PG and Max VG became more readily available.
  • Some people have an allergy to PG. PG by itself doesn't taste great and many e-liquids include more sweetener to offset this. VG on the other hand has a pleasant sweet taste on its own so less is added. Sweetener can have a negative effect on your coil life. While 70/30 is what you see most e-liquids at, I believe some like Beard use 60VG/40PG for their freebase nicotine line. You might want to try that next.  I don't notice a big difference from what parent company Charlies Chalk Dust offers in 70/30 for flavor. I think 60/40 works well for people who use mid range wattage and ohms. 
  • NIC SALTS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS MADE AT 50/50 & THESE E-LIQUIDS WERE REALLY DESIGNED FOR USE IN POD SYSTEMS EXCLUSIVELY. SIMILARLY MANY POD SYSTEMS WERE DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH NIC SALTS. You should never use them above 25 Watts or in an rda. 
  • You are more likely to burn your cotton/get a dry hit in the Orion with 70/30 e-quids. 
  • Don't worry about the clouds but be considerate of those around you when you vape.

again my point  ,opinions are subjective along with flavour you get with whatever ratio you want to go with , there is no opinion that is right here , so i'm not going to bite from somebody who clearly thinks he knows it all , opnions are like arse holes everyone has one

Edited by formula 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2019 at 2:15 PM, mrphilip said:

THE VG/PG RATIO:

This is a great answer and I agree that the best vg/pg ratio for the Orion (or any other pod system) is 50/50. Thank you for explaining it so clearly. Combing the wick also helps a lot with wicking and coil life.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 12:08 PM, Chaka said:

This is a great answer and I agree that the best vg/pg ratio for the Orion (or any other pod system) is 50/50. Thank you for explaining it so clearly. Combing the wick also helps a lot with wicking and coil life.

how do you comb the wick?

... and thank you for your comment.

I have only been making eliquids for 18months but when you  study, you hopefully listen, learn and apply.. djlsb has been as much of a teacher as mike vapes and Tony b. Brian herb and fresh03 along with wayne and Leilani, mlnikon and others are all resources shared wonderfully in this no judgment zone that still has things like ohms law and viscosity principle that apply to us all.  Basics like honey has a much higher viscosity than water help picture how  a wick can absorb something of viscosity x and we know the wire heats our liquid at a rate of y, sp one must keep up with the other for things to go well. thicker vg juices (I am 100% max vg for all but pods) take too long to get to the wire thus burning your cotton. it ain't rocket science. Now 

On 2/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, formula 1 said:

again my point  ,opinions are subjective along with flavour you get with whatever ratio you want to go with , there is no opinion that is right here , so i'm not going to bite from somebody who clearly thinks he knows it all , opnions are like arse holes everyone has one

Where did I include any opinions? when I wrote "I believe Beard has... ... I didn't find a big difference..."

please reread original question and your response, then my response which was only offered as fully as it was for clarification on the many variables that vaping styles offer.

If you choose to yes you go with whatever you like in flavor ratios to achieve your desired profile but vg much thicker than pg. its a major factor in wicking, not just in flavor dispersal speed throughout the base.  go listen to some Orion reviews and comments made by evolv on what to use. its a no brainer. 70/30 is not what most pods have been DESIGNED to accommodate. The owners manual also discusses things like freebase and nic salts for each different pod ohm level. 

VG can be as flavorful as pg, but it requires more of a steep. VG offers clouds but I don't go max vg for clouds, I do it to limit pig's irritating properties.  Would you like me to send you a few links that might help broaden your knowledge base some. Perhaps you have been a member longer an d earned more seniority, you definitely have more time to post that 'oi do too answers others questions. When did you last rewatch a 101 video. I go back to basics regularly and always pick something up that I once knew but info didmd sink in.  take time to get many  perspectives before declaring your graduation from VapeUniveristy as final. I know I'm still a sophomore who must be cautious with mech mods.  Can you offer any advice for me to help know when the battery might have dropped too low, what di I need to know about voltage sags and that stuff to see longer battery life? Or do you have any tips for mixing meth in naked ejuice? what tank cooks meth best? Should I use an rda or a  crown II? If its an rdas, more or less cotton than normal. will a squint bottle survive the added chems or leech. Would dripping be better? How much meth to how many ml of liquid is equivalent to how many rails? What temperature should I vape that mix at or does wattage work better here? I need to know... and Formula if you read this far, smile, it was intended to rally your breathe to vent on a taboo subject no one has the balls to talk about. If you prefer to banter on homemade vg lube recipes I have thoughts there too,

Edited by mrphilip

5 hours ago, mrphilip said:

I have only been making eliquids for 18months but when you  study, you hopefully listen, learn and apply.. djlsb has been as much of a teacher as mike vapes and Tony b. Brian herb and fresh03 along with wayne and Leilani, mlnikon and others are all resources shared wonderfully in this no judgment zone that still has things like ohms law and viscosity principle that apply to us all.  Basics like honey has a much higher viscosity than water help picture how  a wick can absorb something of viscosity x and we know the wire heats our liquid at a rate of y, sp one must keep up with the other for things to go well. thicker vg juices (I am 100% max vg for all but pods) take too long to get to the wire thus burning your cotton. it ain't rocket science. Now 

Where did I include any opinions? when I wrote "I believe Beard has... ... I didn't find a big difference..."

please reread original question and your response, then my response which was only offered as fully as it was for clarification on the many variables that vaping styles offer.

If you choose to yes you go with whatever you like in flavor ratios to achieve your desired profile but vg much thicker than pg. its a major factor in wicking, not just in flavor dispersal speed throughout the base.  go listen to some Orion reviews and comments made by evolv on what to use. its a no brainer. 70/30 is not what most pods have been DESIGNED to accommodate. The owners manual also discusses things like freebase and nic salts for each different pod ohm level. 

VG can be as flavorful as pg, but it requires more of a steep. VG offers clouds but I don't go max vg for clouds, I do it to limit pig's irritating properties.  Would you like me to send you a few links that might help broaden your knowledge base some. Perhaps you have been a member longer an d earned more seniority, you definitely have more time to post that 'oi do too answers others questions. When did you last rewatch a 101 video. I go back to basics regularly and always pick something up that I once knew but info didmd sink in.  take time to get many  perspectives before declaring your graduation from VapeUniveristy as final. I know I'm still a sophomore who must be cautious with mech mods.  Can you offer any advice for me to help know when the battery might have dropped too low, what di I need to know about voltage sags and that stuff to see longer battery life? Or do you have any tips for mixing meth in naked ejuice? what tank cooks meth best? Should I use an rda or a  crown II? If its an rdas, more or less cotton than normal. will a squint bottle survive the added chems or leech. Would dripping be better? How much meth to how many ml of liquid is equivalent to how many rails? What temperature should I vape that mix at or does wattage work better here? I need to know... and Formula if you read this far, smile, it was intended to rally your breathe to vent on a taboo subject no one has the balls to talk about. If you prefer to banter on homemade vg lube recipes I have thoughts there too,

any need for the sarcasm , i will just let you get on with it - obviously from the liberal headquarters of opinions where everyone else is wrong , dont bother replying less the better

6 hours ago, mrphilip said:

There was a video on youtube explaining how to do it but it was removed.

This is a link to a video about rebuilding the pods and at 15:00 it discusses combing the wick: https://youtu.be/6NH6ohWa2FQ
The idea is to insert a pin/needle/toothpick through the e-juice fill port and comb the wick from where it comes out of the resistance chamber to the farthest wall trying to remove some cotton from the area where it gets trapped by the wall that separates the juice chamber and the resistance chamber,  then you can remove the excess cotton with very thin needle nose pliers.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1