lost vape orion pods

Dragandeewhy

Yes I got mine on September 10th and I use both pods. And using the stock settings I was burning wicks anywhere between 4 to 14 refills. Most of the time I was using the stock lowest wattage too. Well I figured enough is enough and I turned boost off on all profiles and did the same with Warmth on September 20th. I only had 2 pods burn wicks since then and they both were 0.5Ω pods. Although my testing is still on going. And no, they can't take a lot of heat before the wicks will burn unfortunately (no more than 10  watts for the MTL pod and 13 watts for the DL pod).

Although when they burn wicks, it always happens right after refilling for me. And I suspect what is happening is the wick becomes oversaturated. Then either boost or warmth (with Replay) cranks up the power to try to heat up the coil. Then it can burn the wick. What helps a lot is just using the lowest power settings and boost until you vaporize the excess on the wick. Now you can return to the setting you were using before until you open the refill cap once again.

thanks...I was hoping that someone from evolve would give a more technical answer.

I am a bit dissapointed, that such expensive pod system has low quality pods.

What is the point if having the ability to heat up to 40 watts when the pods can not go over 13 watts?

I will play with it a bit more, so far the 0.25 is far better than 0.5 for me.

Well to be fair, Evolv makes the board and Lost Vape makes the pods (and Lost Vape is known for making mods, not pods, coils, tanks, etc [so I think they are just learning]). And I would have went with rayon instead of cotton and that should eliminate the burnt taste part. The coil itself could probably handle 40 watts fine (maybe as is). And you could use something higher than 13 watts and probably be ok. Although in my experience it is the opening the fill cap and getting the coil wick saturated is when the problem appears. The same for you?

• Like 1

I know, but as far as i know only the orion has the dna go. And it is reasonably to assume that they knew what the compnent of the pod would be.

My first pods, the 0.25 and 0.5 lasted a day i managed the to refill them 3 or 4 times and the pods started tasting burnt just after some vaping...same as with coils.

I read of peoples mixed experiences with the pods. And my juices are not sweet and I have been vaping for a while.

I just hope that my first experience  is not going to be a consistent one.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys properly drawing e-liquid to the small side of the pod by taking a few pulls of mid strength to properly prime your coils. Don't press the fire button and close the airflow off then pull until you see liquid fill perhaps 1/2 of that section right under the drip tip.  As I raise the wattage I find the wicking can't keep ups very long before the cotton burns. But if I am non-abusive and my aim is decent flavor and my nic fix gets met, I'm satisfied. Clouds are a bonus but not the point of a stealthy pod device like Orion. 

Edited by mrphilip
one type one missing space

46 minutes ago, mrphilip said:

Are you guys properly drawing e-liquid to the small side of the pod by taking a few pulls of mid strength to properly prime your coils. Don't press the fire button and close the airflow off then pull until you see liquid fill perhaps 1/2 of that section right under the drip tip.  As I raise the wattage I find the wicking can't keep ups very long before the cotton burns. But if I am non-abusive and my aim is decent flavor and my nic fix gets met, I'm satisfied. Clouds are a bonus but not the point of a stealthy pod device like Orion. 

sorry, but how many pods have you burnt till you figured it out?

How many times have you gone to the comp. to set it rigth?

At the beginning I found the change of the seetings on a comp. kind a cool, but now it is just annoying. I know the set up is small.

And the flavours are far below the quality on these pods.

Out of five pods only 1 of the o.25 was what it is suposed to be.

And i read, recommendations of shaking, keeping in the fridge, combing of the cotton....

Unless they fix the pods issues...the Orion is a disappointment...they can put an Intel processor in it, it will not improve the vaping experience.