If one wants the best but...

NickyGiaccone88

is  primarily a Power Mod/Wattage Mode kind of guy. I use the typical overpriced Freemax Pro Mesh triple mesh .15 ohm 110W Kanthal coils, TFV12 Cloud Prince .12 ohm T-10 110W coils, .2 ohm 90W mesh coils or regular Kanthal. Would the Power Mode be more accessible and user friendly than the older versions of the DNA 200? I had to search the web for files and curves/graphs/charts...for Kanthal. I want to try TC the DNA way but I was wondering if the presets or simpler Escribe configuration tweaks are part of the DNA 250C game plan. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anybody feels the need to school me on TC, can you explain how TC is supposed to be the ultimate experience? I may become a convert. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Kanthal coils are exactly for that, wattage mode. The wires resistance is too stable to be used in temperature mode as there are no fluctuations in order to control the temperature.

Like I said find a temperature sensing wire or coil like stainless steel and use that for temp control or replay, Kanthal can only be used in wattage mode.

So, temp control is the ONLY way to use this? I know that's false since I've had DNA 200 wattage mode. However, it was not great years ago. Do non temp coils like Kanthal work more easily than before or do I still need to spend hours sesrching for graphs and file formats that may or may not be correct? Manufacturer coils made of an uncertain Kanthal. Is the program particular or safe if I guess? Better yet, is it preset? I know not all tanks coils will work ATM unless downloaded curves are added, but I'd like some input on presets and Kanthal-Mesh or not, please. I know there's a SS mesh coil for my tank but I'm a cloud chaser since it helps entertain me as I quit smoking. Is vapor commonly sacrificed for the perfect temp and strictly flavor oriented vape? I want to keep my options open and nobody understands my question. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reminding me of the SS mesh coil for the Freemax Mesh Pro. I have all the common tanks by Smok, Horizon, Freemax, Uwell, etc...so my coil options are not limited to Kanthal, but I use Kanthal. Today is the .15 ohm triple mesh 110W Freemax Mesh Pro tank. (99W sweetspot on my mod). I just think I should get the Paranormal DNA 250C. Input would help so much.

Edited by NickyGiaccone88

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 1:31 AM, NickyGiaccone88 said:

Is vapor commonly sacrificed for the perfect temp and strictly flavor oriented vape?

1. Vapor is a question of the PG/VG percentage in your liquid, not a question of the coil material. (LINK to an article which explains it)

In general the VG is responsable for the clouds. But the article gives you more info on PG/VG and their functions/effects, like gunk, taste, throat hit, etc.

2. TC does not work with kathal. So you don't need to search for curves etc. as it will not work. Kanthal ONLY works in wattage(=power) mode.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:34 AM, NickyGiaccone88 said:

Also, if anybody feels the need to school me on TC, can you explain how TC is supposed to be the ultimate experience?

On "schooling" you on TC, there are of course the ones who like it, and the ones who don't.

But in general you can say that TC has some benefits, like no dry hits EVER (as the temp will be stable, so if you stay below the temp that burns the cotton/wick (about 250°C I think), you will be safe from the bad burn taste)

It also has the benefit that because of the stable temp, you can adjust it to the specific flavour of your liquid.

Depending on the liquid, a different temp means a different taste.

HERE is a link to a TC related article, with some mentioning about the different temps for different liquids and also for PG/VG and nic,

which will give you an idea how "sophisticated" you can control flavour with TC.

I hope I could help you with your question...

If you need more infos, please ask or search on google/youtube, as there is a lot of information out there 😉

Edited by Lanzarotechris
typos