Vaporshark Dna200

Shaggz

mod was working perfectly fine then all of a sudden went from 80%ish battery to 0%. Escribe is showing cell 1 at 4.63v, cell 2 bouncing between 1.69 and 3.02v and cell 3 4.72v. plugged in the screen shows 0% battery no lightning bolt for charging, 4.77v 0.00a. is my battery toast? just odd it went from perfect to done. i emailed vaporshark

• 2 months later...

So im on my fourth vapor shark and I am familiar with this problem. It's because the voltage limiter on the logic board is reading incorrectly. In escribe if you go to the help tab and then click about and then click the evolve logo 7 times then go into your device monster you will have a new option called the "ban gap". That should be around 1v give or take a couple houndreths. Also are you using the 950 or the 900mah lipo? And last but maybe most important, what is your soft cell cutoff set at in the battery tab. If you hadn't messed with it it should be at 3.2 but I've seen them come out of facctory at 2.8 more than a few times. Hope I could help

@Shaggz You need a new board. If any cell reads higher than 4.20v that indicates an analog front end failure (responsible for battery monitoring and balancing).  VS has great customer service. Every time I've dealt with VS's customer service, they have always been helpful. Unfortunately, given the board is a proprietary board from Evolv made for VS, VS is the only authorized company allowed to replace the board.  If the device is out of warranty there may be a small board replacement charge.