Can someone explain how the different font/selection "Color Schemes" work?

So this little box is the bane of my existence:

colors.png.c1333fb85215238924e55c2c91c40577.png

I have figured out through trial and error how some of it works, but what's the difference between say highlight read-only and highlight selectable? And selected? I get error, opacity, etc. But does anyone know exactly how this all works?

colors.png

Highlight Read-Only is when you are hovering over a field and the Select button will not work. (If a field has a Status, for example, that can make it highlightable, even if it is not an editable field. Also, some fields are only editable sometimes, which makes them highlightable but not always selectable.)

Highlight Selectable is when you are hovering over a field and the Select button will work.

Selected is when you are adjusting a field.

@James thanks you so much! And Error? I thought it was for the status dispay objects, but you choose and insdividual color for each of these. Where does Error come in?

And Normal? Since you also choose a color for all regular text labels individually

Edited by niandra3

Normal is the default if you don't set a color in the theme. Error is Status when there is an error such as Check Atomizer.

If the designer of the theme does not override the colors for most fields this makes it easier for folks to customize their colors.