Replay inaccurate

hhamlet90

Ok..... With Replay not playing when you vape it shows vaping at 75 watts in Device Monitor?  You select Save Puff and while playing after that vape and it shows what in Device Monitor?

Tick Voltage, Power, and Power Set in Device Monitor.

Vape with Replay not playing and what do you get for P:ower?

SavePuff and vape again and what do you get for Power?

Previous posted info was incorrect.... sorry....

Edit:  This is from the Datasheet

Replay

Replay is a new feature introduced on the DNA 250C. Replay is intended to capture the flavor and satisfaction of the “perfect puff” and provide the same level of performance and consistency on all subsequent puffs. The use of Nickel, Stainless, Titanium, or other material that increases in resistance when heated is required. In addition, Replay will also prevent dry hits when used with wattage control.

To use Replay set the device to the desired power level and operate it normally. Once a satisfying puff is achieved, activate the feature to save and replay the saved puff each time the device is fired. Puff length is not a factor and the user will not be limited to the length of the previous puff. Disable Replay to resume normal operation or find a new puff to save. If Replay cannot be enabled the coil is not compatible.

I edited previous posts as I gave incorrect info.... It now says this

Previous posted info was incorrect.... sorry....

Edit:  This is from the Datasheet

Replay

Replay is a new feature introduced on the DNA 250C. Replay is intended to capture the flavor and satisfaction of the “perfect puff” and provide the same level of performance and consistency on all subsequent puffs. The use of Nickel, Stainless, Titanium, or other material that increases in resistance when heated is required. In addition, Replay will also prevent dry hits when used with wattage control.

To use Replay set the device to the desired power level and operate it normally. Once a satisfying puff is achieved, activate the feature to save and replay the saved puff each time the device is fired. Puff length is not a factor and the user will not be limited to the length of the previous puff. Disable Replay to resume normal operation or find a new puff to save. If Replay cannot be enabled the coil is not compatible.

Hi, just to weigh in with my understanding of replay. And to be clear I have not checked the puff info.

When you save a puff with replay, the board will try to duplicate that puff by heating the coil to the same temp. If you save a puff and immediately take another puff, then the coil is still 'warm'   from the saved puff, so it doesn't have to apply the same wattage to get the coil up to temp.  From what Brandon said on his interview with the Vaping Biker replay attempts to mimic the saved puff based on coil temp, board temp and a host of other variables that the board has sensors for.  So if you save a puff at 75w and put the mod in the freezer for half an hour it should use the full 75w or more to get the coil to temp and recreate the puff you saved. Conversely if you left it in the sun for a while, the coil may be warmer than when you saved the puff and it may only need 50 - 60 w to get the desired puff.

So in short, and maybe I should have started with this, Replay isn't about replicating the exact wattage every time, but the overall characteristics of the puff

hoping this help

James

p.s. It's working great for me with a single coil ss 316L alien

p.p.s If anyone from evolv can comfirm if I got this halfway correct that'd be great

p.p.p.s When is replay coming to the 75c evolv???????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14 Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM, hhamlet90 said:

So now i tried 31 coils as alien wrap to try out the normal replay mode.  Although I save 75w, the chip only fires with about 55. What am I doing wrong?

From all those 31 coils, were there any plain round wire made from a tc-compatible material, spaced and not spaced?

Also, if Replay senses that you're pulling harder than on saved puff, it will decrease power.. to give you your saved puff.

Also, if Replay senses that there's still heat on coil, it will decrease power.. to give you your saved puff.