DNA75C Theme Guide

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would have been nice of Evolv if they had actually given us a guide to creating themes that work as we want them to with an explanation of what all the different settings do (as many sound or look similar but function differently) instead of leaving us to reverse engineer or fumble/guess our way through the settings in order to achieve what we want.

HOW ABOUT IT EVOLV ? - I don't know if it exists but it would have been a great help instead of me spending a great deal of time tweaking settings to get this right.

39 minutes ago, TonyB said:

It would have been nice of Evolv if they had actually given us a guide to creating themes that work as we want them to with an explanation of what all the different settings do (as many sound or look similar but function differently) instead of leaving us to reverse engineer or fumble/guess our way through the settings in order to achieve what we want.

HOW ABOUT IT EVOLV ? - I don't know if it exists but it would have been a great help instead of me spending a great deal of time tweaking settings to get this right.

I keep asking them but they don't seem to have the time. They barely have documentation for EScribe, much less the theme designer. The video above is the best we've got so far. As I said above, I recommend finding a good theme and reverse-engineering it. The only tricky parts  are the conditionals and hidden objects, everything else is pretty straightforward. Oh and you need some graphic design skills if you want to make your own icons and such. 

But yeah I agree.. it's a mess. And the UI isn't very well designed either so even with docs it would be somewhat confusing. 

Edited by niandra3