Therion "Curve is not one-to-one" error strikes again

I quit the analogues in August and to celebrate I bought myself as a Xmas present: an expensive (for me) box: Therion DNA133. Works like a dream, except I can't change even the screen orientation, because Escribe says: "EEPROM programming failed. Curve is not one-to-one." Now I did my homework with the help of this forum, I know several users had such issue, but all their solutions don't work for me, such as running Escribe in Windows 7 compatibility mode, switching Windows to USA settings (esp. the decimal period vs coma), switching Escribe language from auto to English, etc. What I did not try were some extremely high-tech solutions like running a Windows 7 virtual machine on top of Windows 10, because I'm not tech savvy enough for that.

I contacted Lost Vape, but they only deal with dealers, I contacted my dealer (FastTech) and they are happy to replace, but that means many weeks in transit both ways and I can't even be sure if the problem is with my Therion, or my PC/Windows/something else, in which case I'll wait 2 months and get another Therion with an identical problem...

Any advice?

Many thanks in advance!

Martin G.

No, the only thing I changed was the screen orientation and I already can't write the setting to the device, I get this error. There's a whole thread on this HERE. I tried everything in that thread (short of installing a Virtual Machine on my Windows - too much for me...) Tried it on 3 different computers by now...

8 godzin temu, Wayneo napisał:

Did you check if your language was set to Autodetect? The workaround according to that thread was to set it to English. BTW, what version of escribe are you using?

Yes, the language was set to English and Windows to USA settings, and I was running in Windows 7 compatibility mode, BUT only now I tried setting the executable file to Windows 7 Compatibility Mode and "Run as Administrator" for ALL users - PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thus I joined the club of those who have problems with escribe and Windows (other than Win7). Even escribe support doesn't seem aware of this issue, they were asking me to download a new battery curve...

THANK YOU ALL who responded so quickly and tried to help me!