Is it normal that my ohms are changing?

tami

7 minutes ago, retird said:

Yep.... ohm's will change due to heating or cooling of the coil while vaping...

I am new in DNA chip so you mean it's not like the normal chip that if it detects 0.14 it does not change unlike the DNA that automatically change depends on the temp of a coil? Thanks mate!

What material do you use?

Even Kantal changes its resistance with temperature change, and DNA shows the real resistance all the time.

By the way, there are multiple values that can be displayed on screen, change it to smth else :) that won’t disturb you…

Edited by iAlexander

The resistance of any coil will change when heated or cooled. It is not static.  You can see this using Device Monitor by checking the box for cold ohms and the one for live ohms. As you vape you will see the live ohms change due to the coil (wire). being heated. Here is a screenshot showing this.... it shows cold ohms and the live ohms (while vaping) and you can see the resistance change.

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, iAlexander said:

What material do you use?

Even Kantal changes its resistance with temperature change, and DNA shows the real resistance all the time.

By the way, there are multiple values that can be displayed on screen, change it to smth else :) that won’t disturb you…

I'm using fused clapton I think it's kanthal or what. Btw what is smth?

2 minutes ago, retird said:

The resistance of any coil will change when heated or cooled. It is not static.  You can see this using Device Monitor by checking the box for cold ohms and the one for live ohms. As you vape you will see the live ohms change due to the coil (wire). being heated. Here is a screenshot showing this.... it shows cold ohms and the live ohms (while vaping) and you can see the resistance change.

Untitled.png

Yes I'm kinda confused for this is my first time using DNA250 chip. In my voopoo drag when I vape it does not change resistance unlike my paranormal 166. Btw thanks

1 minute ago, iAlexander said:

I guess that your coil has kantal in the middle and SS or Nichrome wire over it... if resistance changes are around 0.01 - that’s ok. 

“smth” = something

Lol sorry for that "smth" thought it was a profile or what. Btw thanks mate!

• Like 1