Ohms too high

Edgar

On 12/16/2017 at 2:02 PM, Edgar said:

It’s said 7.something but they’re preñase coils that come nowhere near that and I was using before just fine

So your DNA is stating that they are at 7.xx but are they rated for something closer to the 5.xx mark I believe. If this is the case I'd tighten down the coil(s) and the 510 pin. Also check if the spot where you thread in the atty is wet that can and will cause issues. I build my own coils and I have a little difference in ohm reading 

Coldcoil 0.15

Warmcoil 0.16

Hotcoil 0.17-0.18 

It's a minor increase but it's liveable now if jumping from 5.0 - 6.0 then that's a whole ohm going out of whack which could be the atty, coils, mod or all the above I've had that issue with kanthal wire but I rarely get it with stainless.

@Edgar We're all vapers here, and luckily your problem is now resolved. Having said that, this is DNA forum, where help is usually DNA specific. I have friends with your mod, but no clue how to change modes, etc. on it.

Eventually, when you're ready to upgrade, these are fine boards, and as you've found, a low noise area dedicated to help resolve user issues.

Cheers man, and vape on :hand_splayed:

• Like 2

Not sure which part you didn't understand, but i'll try.

Your Smok mod is made by Smok. The menuing, key sequences to change modes, pretty much everything can be Smok specific.

DNA boards are made by Evolv, and used by different manufacturers such as LostVape or HCigar, etc. Because the board in those is all the same (Evolv DNA), with the same menuing, key sequences, etc. this forum can help DNA users with issues or fine tuning.

Your problem was a general vaper type issue, and was answered in a general manner. If I didn't answer your query, quote the section.

Enjoy your mod.

Edit: And the best part is a true 1 year warranty on the board/chip right here from Evolv.

Edited by Wayneo
Forgot the best part