Battery Analyzer under-reporting parallel batteries

skineedog

New LV Paranormal DNA 75C, new batteries. I haven't changed any of the settings on the mod thus far. Just received the mod and batteries today.

When running the analyzer, it's reporting the usable watt hours at approximately 4Wh. So far, I've run the test on two separate sets of married batteries and both test report approximately 4Wh on each set. 

When the test reports the usable watt hours, the mod still shows approximately 85% battery remains. 

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? On a parallel set of 3000mAH batteries, I would expect a much higher usable watt hour rating.

I'm running the analyzer again on another set of married batteries using a DNA 75 non-color board. I'll report back when it finishes but so far, this test has already run longer than the two previous tests with the 75C board in the Paranormal.

UPDATE: The test has been running about a half hour to forty five minutes at this point. I set the test wattage at 60 watts but just noticed that the analyzer is test firing at ~30-32 watts only...

Edited by skineedog

On 11/20/2017 at 10:54 PM, dwcraig1 said:

Check in EScribe/Device Monitor while firing at 50 - 60 watts and look to see if the voltage drop during firing seems excessive. Decent cells with that mah should be in the area of 10 Wh each. 

Does the mod/batteries perform well during normal use?

Monitoring the device while firing, voltage drop seems normal. 

I tested 3 sets of batteries. Once each with a 75C board and once each with a 75 non-C board.

Testing on the C board, the analyzer doesn't seem to test the batteries all the way down to the same level as when testing on the non-C. In other words, when using the C board and a test completes,  there is approximately 80% of the battery charge remaining. When testing with the non-C board, the test drains the batteries almost completely with only ~10% or so remaining. 

Parallel Battery Set 75 Color 75 Non-Color
Efest 3000 mAH Purple Metalic 11.958 19.939
Efest 3000 mAH Purple Non-Metalic 12.866 20.033
Sony VTC5 2600 mAH 12.388 17.975

Currently testing a fourth set now but expect the results to be inline with previous findings...

13 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

How about posting which firmware your using on the 75c?

Another thing, perhaps check with using just one cell then the other to see if the results are the same for each.

Have you measured each cell with a meter to see if they are discharging the same?

Not certain I understand your thoughts exactly but, if the issue were that the batteries were discharging at different rates, would there be such a dramatic difference between the boards? Across all three sets of batteries? Almost four sets now, once the set I'm currently testing completes....

I have noted that when I remove the batteries after testing and place in the external charger, the batteries are within .01 volts of one another. According to my D4 charger anyway....

Just completed testing a fourth set of batteries. As suspected, results are inline with previous results.

Parallel Battery Set 75 Color 75 Non-Color
Efest 3000 mAH Purple Metalic 11.958 19.939
Efest 3000 mAH Purple Non-Metalic 12.866 20.033
Sony VTC5 2600 mAH 12.388 17.975
LGHB6 1500mAh 7.658 9.965

Verified software:
Escribe Version 2.0 SP8

Firmware:
75C 1.1 SP27 International
75 Non-C 2016-06-05

2 hours ago, retird said:

May not be applicable to your results but have you put just one battery in the 75 C in battery slot 1 only and fire it or run analyzer then put a single battery in slot 2 only and fire or run analyzer? What results when firing or running analyzer?

When attempting to run the battery analyzer with a single cell. The analyzer repeatedly reports "Analyzer failed. Insufficient battery samples" I should note that when installing a fully charged battery (per Nitecore D4 charger) the analyzer reports the battery as 4.15 (or so). 

I tried multiple batteries when attempting to test a single cell. Same results. 

Just now, retird said:

So when using only one battery, does it fire no matter which battery slot you use?  Could it be that both batteries are not supplying power... maybe one slot is not properly connected...  just a thought...

Mod fires regardless of which battery slot is used....