Help, DNA 200 won't power up

Asmodeus

It's a Starss DNA 200.  I had it plugged into escribe on a short cord to update a profile and I knocked it off the desk when I went to pick it up.  

It will power up if I hold the power button IN, but it shows like 3.x V on the screen and as soon as I let the button go it turns off.  Not sure what broke.  Plugging it into USB will keep it on and it shows 5V.  I have tried unplugging the battery tray and connector at the board.  And reconnecting.  I checked the inside of the battery try wiring and it doesn't appear to have lost a wire, but I'm not 100% certain.  

It won't do an atomizer test, but will do device monitor.  

Think I lost a ground?  Not sure what would cause it to only turn on while the power button is held in.  It fell on it's side flat.  Screen works.  Don't see any solder's off.  Really uncertain where to look.  It gets power, but only if the fire button is held.  (enough to turn on only)  

What did I kill?  

It will read / write to the chip.  I wiped / restored defaults.  And reloaded the profiles and settings.  It 'works'.  But something is hosed.  

Edited by Asmodeus

Round.  

Cell 1 = 0

Cell 2 = 5v (which is usb input, I'm assuming.)

The Starss box is set up to run either with a quick swap of parts.  I checked the output + and - from the pack at the tray before it sees the board and it's 8.X volts.  So the pack and or battery tray isn't the issue.  It's something else.  

What I don't understand is how the board powers on if you hold the fire button.  And it shows 2-3v on the device so long as you hold the button down and have pack voltage on the display.  It fluctuates but will not fire obviously because it's seeing too low of a voltage.  It does not register the atomizer either.  You cannot run atomizer analyzer. 

Same atty (VV Pyro) fires on the DNA 250 I built.  No problem.  The drop didn't effect it at all.  

Edited by Asmodeus

Yup, seems like a plan.  Just did that.  Not sure how it fragged.  It wasn't a horrible tumbling drop onto concrete.  It was about 3ft onto carpet.  And the Starss box is pretty solid.  I don't SEE anything, but I didn't pull the board from the holder, just slipped it out to have a look with a light.  I've had ZERO issues with this box or board so far.  First time I dropped it too.  (I've been using it since April)  I've tipped it over.  But this was the first time it has actually fallen any distance.  

My luck lately has been, well... *sigh*...  one thing after another for the last month... just unrelenting... lol!   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out for posterity, I put in a ticket, sent it out, and they had it back in a day or two running.  Evolv is serious business.  They really took care of me.  

Credit where it's due.  Thank you.  I really appreciate you guys.  

Edited by Asmodeus
  • Like 2