Profiles missing

InvisibleRasta

hello guys i just updated my firmware with excribe to the latest sp 1.5 i think it was.  When i try to use TC for SS316L i cant find a profile.

the steps i am using to try to select the SS3162L profile are these that i wrote in red at the bottom. But it gives me only profiles for nickel. Escribe software does not have any preset and i do not know where or how to setup a SS3162l profile

lock the DNA device with 5 clicks, once it is locked hold down booth, plus, minus and fire button and select the material you want to use to vape with temperature control.

Edited by InvisibleRasta

The latest firmware and escribe is found here: 

Go to the 'material' tab to see what wire types are available, and on your mod.

Your RED comment works in newer versions. Latest tells us nothing, but you can see it in the bottom right hand corner of Device Monitor.

• Like 1

i restored defaults and i am on the latest firmware... my build is spaced 24 gauge SS316L with 7 wraps on a 3mm drill bit. I selected the SS316 profile as described on my red comment and  put the temperature to 130 Celsius  but it fires vapour like lava... like if it was on power mode at 200 Watts... Teh Watts output with TC enabled is at max power that i set at.. Watts dont change according to temps... liek i set watts to 50W and it will fire 50W all time

TC not working

Edited by InvisibleRasta

i just did a default settings restore so i have the default factory profiles.... from my understanding they are all set to nothing... im using 3 efest batteries...  they are pretty old

also with the update the power only profile disappeared.. and now im vaping a kanthal build on the NI profile as there is no power profile

Capture.PNG

Edited by InvisibleRasta

If you don't connect a wire capable of TC, it will fire at the wattage selected.

If you do connect a wire capable of TC, it will fire using the material profile selected, in the screenshot 'ni200'.

So you're vaping kanthal @ 37.4watts.

If you're gonna keep changing things/resetting things I'm not asking you to do, I'll go cut the lawn.

Edited by Wayneo
Added a word
  • Like 1

On your 'material' tab, left side, see the one called 'watts', click to highlight, then that right arrow -> in between the two windows to put it back on your mod.

You should still have SS316 in the right window. If not, do the same thing as before for 'watts'

• Like 1

i did not do anything.. everything is as after i did a firmware update, without profiles. but after i did the restore defaults i didnt have a watts option available.. so now i wanted to vape with my rda since my RTA with SS316 is firing lava. I now have the watts option back, thank you for the information.

Back to the ss316 problem, what can i do?

Edited by InvisibleRasta

Check your watts material in the right hand window. Make sure 'temperature sensing' is not selected below it, just above the graph.

Set a profile, I usually set Profile 1 back to your watts material

Go to Profile 2.

Put Power at 100 watts, temp of your choice (150C) is fine.

Click on temperature dominant.

Do not lock resistance.

Leave the other defaults for now alone.

Near top of screen -> Upload settings to device (always gotta do this)

Atty should be at room temperature, wicked and ready to go.

Device Monitor.

Bottom left side should say Normal or charging. Over to the right it should say Profile. Click on that, change it to Profile 2

Put mod down on table.

Device Monitor, far right, see Puffs, click and set to 3 seconds. Your mod will fire, and no lava for you. Post printscreen like the second one you did before. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, InvisibleRasta said:

still fires quite lavaish...sometimes at 150C it will fire lava... some other times it will fire godod...

Rasta, overall that looks good. Couple comments. The only ways I can see you getting lava is if it's firing 100 watts straight (non TC) OR the wrong wire profile. If you don't plan on using Nickel or Titanium in the near future, go into profiles and change them to SS. Then go to Material tab, right window, select, then remove from mod.

Preheat should be greater than the Power number. Yours show both at 100w.

100watts, is clearly too much to maintain the watts required, so you can drop the Power to 50w, leaving preheat at 100 if you wish (if you liked that ramp up) You can tweak any of those 5 values to your desire. Note that even though we said 100w, your temp was ~150c.

Always remember to upload settings to Device after you make changes in escribe

Under File -> Save As you can save a backup of all your settings.

• Like 2

seems like its working now... only thing is how do i switch profiles from watts to 316 profile?  

really this chip with each update has become more and more hard to use.. i do not understand anything of it anymore... it used to be easy to select watt profile or 316 profile... now i had watts enabled for my rdta.. i want to switch to TC... i select preset 316 and boom...  firing at full power... cotton burnt in a second

Edited by InvisibleRasta

13 minutes ago, InvisibleRasta said:

only thing is how do i switch profiles from watts to 316 profile

Rasta, there are 2 different ways.

Your RED text above allows you to change materials 'on the fly' and follow the preheat, punch, time, watts set for it right now. Used if you want a soft, medium, hard type settings.

To change to a new profile completely (like your 316 profile);

hold up and down button at the same time till screen displays message

quick double click either button (displays current profile name)

click either up or down button to change to next complete profile

click fire button once you reach the profile you want

hold up and down button at the same time till screen displays message

27 minutes ago, InvisibleRasta said:

i select preset 316 and boom...  firing at full power... cotton burnt in a second

If you followed your red text that can happen.

• Like 1

I've seen some of his where they were named like soft, medium, hard, no preheat, etc. If you liked/used those (which are still perfectly fine), then with your red text, you end up choosing the type of profile and change material only.

OR

You set up specific profiles based on material/wire, and use that for a complete setup.

Personally, I use a combination of each on a mod where it's painful to get escribe access.

• Like 1