Circle pictures being squeezed (FAO James)

etab75

James, whenever I insert a circle png (i.e. a circle with a transparent background), while it may say its 50x50, once uploaded it looks more like 60x50 when displayed on the 75C. Is there anything you can tweak to make circles (in this instance), appear round rather than egg shaped?

Further to the above:

test_circle.png.4c0c25656ac58411c55bc6cbacb0fa0b.png

This is an example, a 50x50 circle image.

However, during the upload it gets resized.

IMG_20170802_101641.jpg.0a4bd8e2d7e230fbef545cbf43e3d0d3.jpg

While it may look similar it most definitely is no longer 50x50 and appears egg shaped.

I also noticed this with the Evolv logo. It gets resized during the upload sequence.

As a result I think its a bug.

=========================

Using V2.0 SP5 /DNA75C SP24

test_circle.png

Edited by etab75

Thanks :) I tried that yesterday and it does look more symmetrical - its a workaround for sure. The only trouble is overlaying text onto said circle which gets compressed after upload and looks blurry.

Have you noticed the Evolv logo changes in size after upload?

Unfortunately not in this instance - I was using a sphere as a toggle on/off. I think unless James can see if there any issues surrounding this, the best way around it is to design oversized as you suggested - I've oversized the text overlays and all is passable :thumb:

Edited by etab75

this is not a bug.

the screen pixels are not exactly square.

depending on your theme screen orientation, you will need to adjust square/circle shapes and logos in order to appear normal.

on horizontal themes you will need to widen the shapes and on vertical themes you will need to shrink the shape a little bit.

I do not have the exact proportion but 30x30 pixel icon I will resize it to 26x30 or 28x30 on vertical themes. I have not made any horizontal themes.

• Like 1