Is describe hard to use

Hello I have heard good things about DNA boards and how they're safer as well. I dont use temp control cz it's wonky in devices. That being said if I'm using just power do I need to go into escribe? Sorry guys I don't know Jack about escribe and I am a noob to DNA chips although I have been vaping for many years lol. Is there things I could benefit if I'm just using vw?

8 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

YES! 

Apart from excellent TC with most wires, the personalization features/options are numerous.

What mod do you have, and what kind of vaping do you do (builds, watts/power)  

I don't have one yet I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting first. I'm leaning towards the hcigar 250s

• Like 1

It's pretty straight forward, you can download it and "setup new device", then pick dna250. That will let you play around some and explore. I'd get Version 2, it includes theme designer and ecig stats. If you don't need the extra wattage, I'd look at a 75c as it's a bit more friendly. I recommend the VapeDroid as it has less issues posted than the Therion. That said, most of the Therion issues have been solved by members on here. I have 3 dna mods, vaporflask133+33, silo 250, and a silo 75c; the last 2 are home built from kits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 67exec said:

Phil Busardo has some great yt vids on escribe. Its changed a bit since his vids, but the basics are the same (it has more features now, and some things have moved to different tabs).

That ^^^^^ is good. 

10 minutes ago, Dirdy Wadah said:

I'm leaning towards the hcigar 250s

I'm not a fan of this one, from it was first announced. To change from 2 to 3 cells IMHO is more trouble than it's worth and you have to go into escribe to make at least 1 change, but ideally 3.

If you get a 2 cell mod, you have a 6.3V output voltage limit, so to use all of the watts, you'd need to run ~.3 ohm coil to get all the power (steam-engine for actual values

With a 3 cell mod, that output voltage limit is up to 9.x volts

You can download the datasheets in the shop area for each board, and those values/features are gospel no matter which company you buy from.

After all that, if you're dead set against TC ..............................

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 67exec said:

It's pretty straight forward, you can download it and "setup new device", then pick dna250. That will let you play around some and explore. I'd get Version 2, it includes theme designer and ecig stats. If you don't need the extra wattage, I'd look at a 75c as it's a bit more friendly. I recommend the VapeDroid as it has less issues posted than the Therion. That said, most of the Therion issues have been solved by members on here. I have 3 dna mods, vaporflask133+33, silo 250, and a silo 75c; the last 2 are home built from kits.

Thank you I will look into them. Appreciate the info and time you took out of your night 

Just now, 67exec said:

Not a problem. Learn to use the search, and ask questions that you can't find the answers to. Chances are someone has had the same question and will chime in.

Ok I literally just registered in this site so I gotta get familiar with it. Lol I don't even know if I'm replying the right way. Enjoy your night 

Advantages of DNA in Power mode:

- Precise as f**k (to reach your desired wattage and stay there, regardless of the battery level)

- Efficiency (most of your battery power goes into vaping, not into the electronics)

- Good charging (on equal foot as external chargers)

- Customisability (sp?)

- (Device) Monitoring

I use my DNA devices equally in temp mode and in power mode. To not sound like a salesman too much, there are things I don't like:

- Sometimes temp control is not working as expected (maybe user error)

- Setups (analyzers) take too long time and are not for the faint of heart; but for power mode you need only Ohm Resistance tester, which is quick and painless, although it requires an additional tool

- And of course, relative complexity of the software

Edited by MacVap