Vt box 250 inconsistent charging - random usb current drop down and display turned on and then idle very fast

Hi everyone,

Got my 2nd DNA device (vtbox 250 fullymax 1500mah 3s, 25c) and I noticed that while charging, the device turn on to active mode randomly, and this is happening many times during the charging. In that scenario, USB current drop down to raise up again very fast, as like as I removed current source. I also noticed that this doesn't happen while charging to my PC at 1A, but only with a 2A wall charger. Tried to change it with another 2A charger but nothing changes. I confirmed all this situation by monitoring the device with escribe: 1A current, usb voltage sometimes go down, but in this case (PC charging) my display won't turn on from idle state and doesn't show usb current drop down. 

Anyone can help me to understand is this behavior is normal for DNA charging mode? Thanks

FB_IMG_1496858570995.jpg

Edited by eziotroito

I have some cheap powerbanks that do that when I pull 2 A +, some seem to reset, it could also be the 250 lowering charge power when it gets hot, put the board temp on the charge screen to check for this and see if it drops at a particular temperature.

• Like 1

Very interesting answer, thank you very much!

1 minuto fa, VapingBad ha scritto:

I have some cheap powerbanks that do that when I pull 2 A +, some seem to reset, it could also be the 250 lowering charge power when it gets hot, put the board temp on the charge screen to check for this and see if it drops at a particular temperature.

• Like 1