Hotcig DX200 out of the box not charging

Fruhji

Hello guys,

I just got my Hotcig DX200 (V1) yesterday and it won't charge via USB. Btw should I setup this Mod for 2 of 3 cells? The USB current is also extremely low (~0.005A) and yesterday the cell voltages were like in the picture below. Today the cell 1 is reading at 1.4V and the cell 2 at 3.0V. The cell 3 is reading at 0.01V. I've installed the newest Service pack and tried the USB Revolver Charge option and several Hard and soft resets but nothing helped.

Hope someone of you can help me.

image.png

You received your new device with batteries that drained down too low.  You can try to do a USB Recovery Charge to see if they will recharge.  This takes a long time and you may need to do it more than once.  It may not recharge however and the 3 cell battery will need to be replaced...  If this is a new device you may want to see about getting it replaced by your vendor.

Untitled.thumb.png.1421320e3b35bd896eb659aa5edbb701.png

You can see if it is charging in Device Monitor after you start the recovery....

You can monitor it and see if the cells "come back in balance and charge".... as stated this will take some time and may need to be done more than once.

Have been trying this until now. The stats have not changed yet. Is returning it to the vendor or replacing the pack the only opportunity or is there any other option or setting? Btw its working in Power supply Mode but still cant be Charged and its giving only a few Watts.

Edited by Fruhji

The battery cells have not charged at all and the voltage has not increased or changed on any cell? It would be helpful if you can post a screenshot of Device Monitor (while doing a Recovery Charge session).  Also post a screenshot of the EScribe Mod tab settings.  

So you have a Version 1 (old version) and it is new and just out of the box?  That means it set on the shelf for a long, long time thus the battery could have sat in a discharged state for a long time and won't recover....... You might consider having the vendor replace the device.... your best option I think... 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say that I show never met that problem when I using bestek 400w power inverter to charge my camera battery. The only problem to me before I use this inverter is how to handle. Now I have acquired how to use it, just connect with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, you can charge battery safely. If you want to learn more details about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Have a nice day. 

4 hours ago, Rorence said:

Sorry to say that I show never met that problem when I using bestek 400w power inverter to charge my camera battery. The only problem to me before I use this inverter is how to handle. Now I have acquired how to use it, just connect with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, you can charge battery safely. If you want to learn more details about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Have a nice day. 

With all respect, I vehemently disagree with this post.

All USB devices draw the current/power they want/need from the charging source. A high quality charger and cable are the 2 most important factors. I personally trust chargers from higher end mobile devices such as Samsung and Apple, even the 4A chargers. Don't trust your end devices to some cheap no-name charger to save a few bucks. :cool: