PC not reading DNA 200

Hi! just received my chip, and like the giddiest of school girls I instantly wanted to update the screens.

once plugged in it boots, and flashes (which I'm given to believe is normal without a battery) but my computer and escribe don't pick up on it. Curious if anyone else had this issue or if they know what I might be doing wrong.

Tired all 5 of my micro-cables each with all of my ports, :( 

Its odd, I've had trouble connecting to USB devices before but usually my computer at least registers that something is plugged in.

EDIT:

I'm an idiot. Somehow I only own power-only cables. just checked them all with my multi-meter. Gonna pick up a new one ater work. :)

• 3 weeks later...
megahtron said:

Ive tried powered and non powered including one that worked to update a co-workers board and Im still having issues with the pc not reading the board.. hoping its not DOA

Did you try on different USB ports or on another PC? I have similar issue but after I tried on another PC it works.

Cehpalomods said:

Tired all 5 of my micro-cables each with all of my ports, :( 

Its odd, I've had trouble connecting to USB devices before but usually my computer at least registers that something is plugged in.

EDIT:

I'm an idiot. Somehow I only own power-only cables. just checked them all with my multi-meter. Gonna pick up a new one ater work. :)

Just so you know you aren't alone, I made the same mistake. Went through all the hassles of diagnosing my USB boards and drivers, etc, before realizing on accident that it was all working to begin with and I just happened to grab two different power only USB cables first out of my pile. I didn't even know I had any power only cables, but sure enough, it connected as soon as I had one with full USB data cables.