NEED HELP

antyac2108

That sure looks normal. It would be nice to see the board face on so we can see the mounting holes for the external switches. If those are being bridged by a piece of debris or are covered in e-liquid that could cause spurious firing. 

Also, what firmware revision are you running? Does going forwards or backwards with the firmware revision make the problem stop? (i.e. is it specific to a certain firmware or is it specific to this board?)

If you have a multimeter, what voltage do you get between the external fire button connection holes when the device is staying activated, but you are not pressing the button. 

Does it stop firing after the 20 second timeout? 

Is it just the fire button sticking, or have you seen the adjust buttons do the same? 

Thanks
John

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same 3D print from Shapeways. Couple of thing to look at.

1. I had to file the 3d printed buttons on the sides and the holes of the case front slightly as I was finding that the down button for my was sticking when pressed.
  2. Try loosening the three screws that hold the board to the face slightly I also found over tightening them also caused sticky buttons.
Overall the 3d printed case design works but isn't the greatest but since this isn't going to be my final case I settle for I'm happy for now, and for me was always more of a short term until other cases become available or I design my own case.

Good luck hope it works out :thumb:

I am running the latest firmware 7/9 and it does it in the old firmware also the external switches are sitting at 11.2 volts at idle and it does last more the 20 seconds if i let it. i can get better pics when i get home from work of the external switches and it only does it with the fire button.

When it is sticking, if you measure the voltage on the offboard switch holes closest to the output edge, does it read something like battery voltage, or does it read less (.5 volts or less)? Measuring relative to ground (any of the mount pads)

Which is what it should. The question is when it is continuing to fire after you stop pressing the fire button, does it read 9-12v, or does it read less than a volt?

That would tell us if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. 

If you mean the via hole next to the output pad, then no, we use that to be able to test the output from the top side during production. It connects to the pad, so you can solder it or not, it doesn't make a difference. 

If it is showing voltage on the button while it continues to perma-fire, then that is going to be a hardware issue. PM me your address and I'll get another one and a return tag out to you today, so I can see what's going on with that one.

Thanks
John