How many of you have a dead board?

Jcca1973

Ok, my first statement wasn't completely true. My built box had a pinched display ribbon and the dispaly was cutting out when I touched the fire button, not just firing. I replaced the display, pre-bending the ribbon cable so it collapses on itself and away from the fire button. It was hardwired because my XT30 connectors were delayed and I was impatient. I got my connectors Friday and installed them so now it's perfect and haven't had any issues. 

I was vaping on my Hana yesterday even with the screen blank. I might try to replace the screen later today. 

I have not had a dead board.  I have gone through some screens as I have been doing mod design work for others, so a lot of install and removal.  The screen's are fragile.  

I just finished a small screen DNA40 layout and the chip/screen made it through four test prints (very tight fit) before giving up.  At least I don't have to be gentle with number five!

John said:

How many of these most recent early mortalities were during active use, versus on wake from sleep (not being used or charged for over an hour)?

Mine was during unlocking the device after 10 minutes of not being used. screen showed the 5 pressed to unlock. and while unlocking it it just died. so mine wasn't during active(as in vaping) use.

I had one malfunction yesterday. I built this one a little over a week ago.
It is in a 3D printed box and use's a Gens Ace 1300mAH battery.
From what I'v read it has a burnt fuse and possibly some other issue that caused it.
This particular board was doing some thing a little  odd, every once and a while it would power way up and the hit off it would be so hot I could barely  stand it.
Nothing would change in escribe or on screen but the vape was different .
Then as mysteriously as it came it would go and the board would seem fine.
Then yesterday during one of it's mystery power up episodes it stopped working.
Rite as I was taking a really hot hit.
At first I connected it to the USB and opened escribe and nothing it was dead.
So upon further inspection it appeared that the fuse had blown.
I did a bit of reading and read that if the fuse was blown that escribe
would still recognize the board.
I reattached to the USB and open escribe the screen came on but escribe would not recognize it, it had no battery attached at this point.
I connected the battery back to the mod and plugged it back into the usb, opened
escribe and the screen came on the board was recognized by escribe.
I was able to connect and down load settings.At first it pop up an error saying eprom could not be read. But on a second attempt the error went away.
Everything seemed normal at this point, so I tried to attach an atty while it was still connected to the USB and it would go dead rite away, also as soon as I disconnected the USB it would go dead to.
Here's a Pic of the fuse it.s a little hard to tell from the pic but the top is blown rite off

So now I put in an inquire at the Evolv site and am waiting for a reply.
FYI the one that blew the fuse was running a dual coil TI build at .1
I was using a custom CSV file from Steam engine site.
I have another mod exactly the same I put together just a few days ago.
It is working perfectly for 3 day now running dual NI  200 coils at .08 
Here'  a pic of the good one