Is there a target resistance while bulding temp control?

Havoc340

I must be getting old. I cant figure out how to google anymore to get the info I need.

Im about to have a coil day, but I cannot figure out what kind of resistance I should be aiming for when building for temp control. Is there a sweet spot that works best? Is there a too low or too high margin? Does my target change according to the type of wire I'm using?

Ive got some titanium and some nickle to build with, also kanthal and nichrome. I'd just hate to start building some claptons or zippers when I dont know what my goal is.

Also can someone hook me up with some info as to where to go to find some more technical hybrid metal coil builds? (Kanthal/Titanium combo, Multi strand/Gauge nickle etc)

Thanks!

I'm usually @ 0.05 with my quad TI. 6-7 wrap around a 2-2.5mm post. Wraps are spaced. I've built a few nickle Clapton's and tried a TI/NI Clapton hybrid but didn't like it nearly as much as just a reg quad TI build. For temp control I think if memory serves me 0.02 is lowest and for reg builds 0.05... Don't quote me :) if its to low don't worry this DNA 200 will let you know... "Hey what u trying to do this sh$t is to low..." Lol