New issue

methos

I've had my 200 working great for a few weeks now and the other day had a strange thing happen. I went to hit it Ni200 @ 50watts and it went super hot then shut down. When I say hot I mean couldn't hold the cap on my royal hunter. Well the screen wouldn't turn on after that and it didn't show up in the software. After removing the board I found the fuse had blown so I followed another post and used a 25amp automotive fuse. It now turns on!!! I thought "great it works!!" Well I noticed the battery shows empty???? I checked the battery with my meter and it shows 11.4. Ok grabbed another battery and plugged it in....empty?!? Well I decided to see if it charged. No go. Something strange is going on here? Is it RMA time? Also this board was ordered on the release day so it's an early one. Thanks in advance

What is it reading in device monitor for cells? Actually, if it is talking to device monitor, can you take a complete shot of device monitor? It should talk to usb regardless of the fuse status. After that, if it is talking to escribe, go to tools and command a hard reset and see if the battery starts cooperating again. What you are describing sounds more like the firmware crashed (which if it does it at just the wrong time can absolutely pop fuses or damage the board, the 200 is very timing sensitive) so what firmware version were you running?

Thanks. Okay, so it isn't a new bug in the new firmwares like 7/28. Which isn't to say that it isn't a bug, certainly. 

Oh, also, if you get it talking to escribe, can you post what the production date was? From the my DNA button on the general tab. 

Just for reference purpose, May 28 and June 10 are the production dates for the reference mods here and both have come thru all the beta and firmware updates and the May 28 one has been vaped 12 to 15 hours daily for a few days short of 2 months now absent any mod killing things. The June 10 one not vaped as much but all is good.

Did you unplug and replug the taps after you replaced the fuse? 

If not, try that. You have a battery meter, so the processor is talking to the analog front end after a fashion, and your screen doesn't show "warranty service" so the calibration isn't that off. The analog front end powers directly from the taps, so if those never got disconnected it may still be trying to talk to the processor from before whatever happened happened. Hence unplugging and replugging the taps. 

This is an odd one. 

I had the WARRANTY SERVICE message too after updating to 7/29
I was going to ship the chip in for replacement but decided to try
FW 8/7 And BINGO works great ALL my problems gone for now.
We will see what happens in the next few days.
I will keep all of you updated on how it's going.
So my suggestion is TRY 8/7 FW.
Sounds to me there is a glitch in 7/29 FW for some chips.